Options

TSHOOT scheduled for 3/7...

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
This has been a long time coming. Getting more difficult to find time to study nowadays.

Anyway, planning to sit for TSHOOT this Thursday. Kind of nervous, but reading other's posts is putting my mind at ease a bit.

Any pointers?? Pretty straight forward I suppose...

Comments

• Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Learn the topology ahead of time, Cisco has it on their site (https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/10965). Remember you can back out of tickets and the topology never changes. I watched a video and I wish I remembered the link, but solve a ticket you know is right, don't submit it, use it as your final check. Solve other tickets, before you submit them, compare the config to your known, if the config item you think is wrong, is the same on both, you are chasing up the wrong tree. Don't forget the simple stuff, the ticket I worked the longest was my simplest error, I was thinking to big, I love the Boson TSHOOT product, but it is harder than the actual test, so I blame it. Lastly, don't go down the rabbit hole, if you can't figure it out, bail and move on, you can always go back if you have time.
  • Options
    vasyvasyvasyvasy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, just be pacient with the tickets...
    And start from the host and work your way up to the web server, in increments: that is, ping every equip in between... most of the time the problem is related to the unresponsive router or its neighbors.
    I always stress to always check first the IP address of the host: if it has none dynamically assigned, you have just shortened the path to check, just up to the DHCP server, no need to jump into troubleshooting the ospf or bgp portions of the topology
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello guys. Is it possible to pass the TSHOOT prior to SWITCH?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I have labbed up the topology in my home lab for the last 3 months. Broke it debugged, and fixed...

I believe the video you are Referring to is Kevin Wallace's guide to TSHOOT. I actually joined his webinar for TSHOOT while studying for ROUTE still.

Someone screen capped it and threw it on youtube.
  • Options
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hello guys. Is it possible to pass the TSHOOT prior to SWITCH?

With experience sure, but you are going to have to know switching. If your weakness is trivia but you work with switching everyday and are a decent troubleshooter, you will be fine. If your certs are about to expire and you have heard from CCNP's that TSHOOT was their easiest exam, it was only "easy" because of their preparations for ROUTE and SWITCH.
  • Options
    NetworkDropoutNetworkDropout Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I have mine booked in for the 21st :D
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nerdydad wrote: »
    With experience sure, but you are going to have to know switching. If your weakness is trivia but you work with switching everyday and are a decent troubleshooter, you will be fine. If your certs are about to expire and you have heard from CCNP's that TSHOOT was their easiest exam, it was only "easy" because of their preparations for ROUTE and SWITCH.
    For now I have only ROUTE skills and SWITCH skills of CCNA level.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I was about to say to familiarize yourself with the topology since they have it on the website too :D Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    sacredboy wrote: »
    For now I have only ROUTE skills and SWITCH skills of CCNA level.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but with only CCNA level SWITCH knowledge, there are just to many gaps. At CCNA level you have never dealt with SVI's, HSRP, GLBP, ect, which are all in the blueprint for the TSHOOT exam.
  • Options
    945/1000! I have to say probably enjoyed this test more than any other.

Off to grab a beer and think about what I want to go for next. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Grab one for me as well!

As for what's next, what do you do? The CCIE is always a good place to go, but takes a lot of time and dedication that not everyone can give.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congratulations!! and also congrats on finishing off your CCNP!!!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats, great score!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Monkerz wrote: »
    945/1000! I have to say probably enjoyed this test more than any other.

Off to grab a beer and think about what I want to go for next. Any suggestions?

Drink and enjoy your Beer and change your status...I don't like seeing "642-832 -- Pending" since you are legit now. hehe

Congrats!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

I am a Network Analyst for a major healthcare provider in the area. Basically alot of routing a switching daily.

I would like to be a little more well rounded. Thought about Voice, Wireless and Security certs, but I just do not know yet...
  • Options
    sonnytbhsonnytbh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! Good job!
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    I'm really thinking about it. I need to get deep in QoS, but I really want to learn MPLS and advanced BGP. There is just so much I want to know. These are the days I wish Matrix was real, and expertise was a click away...
  • Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Congratulations! Your thread actually motivated me a little. :) I'm still on ROUTE studies, though. Lot's of labbing when I have the time at work.