VFoglight Network Monitoring Reviews

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

Has anyone used VFoglight for Network Monitoring. We are currently doing a proof of concept and the last two in the running are Solarwinds and Foglight. I have never heard of of Foglight. One of the DBA's mentioned it as he wants to use if for database monitoring. However Im not sure how its fares for network monitoring. We have had a demo and it seems to do the same as solarwinds. Its looks a bit more complicated to install as a dedicated appliance is required.

If anyone has any reviews of this product for network monitoring I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My last job used it and we all hated it .. the interface is shocking and far from intuitive, especially when running reports .. Mind you, we didn't use it for network monitoring but Exchange and the VMware estate in general. When we had someone from vFoglight in and he heard us all complaining, they offered training.

Needless to say we all agreed - if you need training to use the full potential of a monitoring software - then no thanks. You get a lot out of it, but at what cost ?

I suggested what I used in yet another company - Solarwinds as well (IPMonitor) and all inculding directors loved it - so they are now converted as well.

IPMonitor does of course Database monitoring as well. You can use read / write queries and whatnot ... I don't think there is anything you can't monitor with it.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • simonlamsimonlam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□