Pwn2Own 2013

wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
IE10 and Win8 goes down first day for $100k.

Pwn2Own takes down IE 10 running on a Surface Pro | Ars Technica

Comments

• phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wes really good post
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Looks like Firefox and Chrome weren't too far behind. It's always fun to see these kinds of events where security holes are found. . . at least when it's white hats doing it. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do they write the exploits that day or just present them on that appointed day?
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They usually have them already written. It's nice to see that they've increased the bounty for "pwning" devices. It used to be only about 10k. 100k is closer to being worthwhile.
  • JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    This was in Dallas correct? I have a friend who lives there now, I should try to make next years event. As a spectator of course! haha

J
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    thegoodbye wrote: »
    They usually have them already written. It's nice to see that they've increased the bounty for "pwning" devices. It used to be only about 10k. 100k is closer to being worthwhile.

Yeah....$100k is for high value targets.

The winners of the $100k prize dropped 2 zerodays on IE10...now I'm not sure if 2 IE10 zerodays would be worth $100k on the black market, but other zerodays definitely would.

It's a great incentive to get greyhats to be more white...get em out the shadows!