I need help with a Study path.

VaticanAssassinVaticanAssassin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Forum,

I am aiming for a future ethical hacking, I have recently turned 18 and I have two years works experience working for two companies simultaneously, one focusing on website development and the other focusing on online marketing.

I have had no real training, and this is not my ideal career choice. As I have already said, I am looking to become a Certified Ethical Hacker after looking around the internet I have came across a page which has stated the exams I would need to take however these include C+ and C+ Networking. I have looked on this forum and found many people saying you do not need these however I have little knowledge of Networking and the characteristics of computer components.

Here is an extract of the information I found elsewhere;
"Start with the basics: Earn your A+ Certification and get a tech support position. After some experience and additional certification (Network+ or CCNA), move up to a network support or admin role, and then to network engineer after a few years. Next, put some time into earning security certifications (Security+, CISSP, or TICSA) and find an information security position. While you're there, try to concentrate on penetration testing--and get some experience with the tools of the trade. Then work toward the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification offered by the International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council for short). At that point, you can start marketing yourself as an ethical hacker."
Source - How to Become an Ethical Hacker | PCWorld

1) Would it be beneficial to study and take the exam in A+
2) Would it be beneficial to study and take the exam in A+ Networking

Or should I take a dive in the deep end and go straight for the CCNA

Regards
VaticanAssassin

Comments