9l0-412 - any tips - writing in about 3 weeks or so

lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
studying for the support essentials 10.8. i'm about 1/3 of the way through the peachpit book. I've got tons of windows experience, and the book seems well laid out and i'm doing the labs on a MacBook as I go. does anyone know of other training materials of any kind for the exam, I subscribe to knowing the material, but also, I would like to have as many resources as possible. thanks for any help
MCP,MCSA ,MCDST,MCTS:VISTA, MCITP:ES,
A+,Network+,CIW Associate
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7

Comments

• DJohnsonRoseDJohnsonRose Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed this on friday after only 3 days of using a Mac. SO easy! Just go over filevault 2, HSFS+, the starting sequence of a Mac, the boot.efi file, fontbook and youll be fine. Basic networking skills such as the Network + which you have will be more than enough!

Good luck and let me know how you did!!!!
  • lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    much thanks, I've been where i'm at for about 3 years and we just became part of the apple consultants network and it hinges on me passing, lol. if I pass, they better show me some love, lol.
    thursday is the big day, used the peachpit press book mainly, going through and doing all of the labs and questions from the download from the apple site that goes with the book. i'll let you know how i did. it is the double edge sword i think. i'm glad i'm getting it since there are far less people that have it than some of the other certs, that being said, trying to find groups of peers to talk to about studying and areas where they had issues, etc, is far smaller as well.
    oh well, the last days of exam paranoia have kicked in, lol.
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    I agree with DJohnsonRose. Support Essentials is very simple exam. I don't even list it in my CV.
    thanks, hopefully i am stressing over nothing. need it first and then the server exam after that. get like this no matter what the exam, lol.