Options

70-642 IPv6 subnetted prefix help

Commguy23Commguy23 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm studying for the 70-642. So far in the past few months I have gone through the entire Testout Labsim course, read the entire Cert Guide book and gone through the technet articles referenced in the book. I also have taken the practice questions in labsim and the ones with the certguide book. I am going through Transceder and I continuously get the questions wrong relating to ipv6 subnetting prefixes. I simply do not understand, maybe someone can direct me to a good article? For example:

You need to assign ipv6 addresses to win7 clients. You have been assigned a global address prefix of 3333.3333.3333.c000::/51. There's 4 departments to be assigned subnets. What is the address prefix that will be assigned to the 4th department?

The answer is 3333.3333.3333.d800::/53.

This seems to be more complicated than anything I have read up on. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I will be honest, I ignored IPV6 subnetting because there are at most 1 or 2 questions related to this on the exam, even if you get both of those wrong, you have 48 additional questions that cover more subject matter than subnetting. I still don't understand that question, yet I passed 70-642..I would concentrate on NAP, WSUS, windows backup, and IPV4 subnetting over any IPV6 subnetting.