Digital Eyewear

sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I assume most people on these boards stare at a computer screen all day. I was wondering how many of you use some form of eyewear to prevent eye fatigue? I just bought a pair of Gunnar glasses, and I am a huge fan! A few guys at my office turned me on to them. They are a little pricey, but I think they help me from getting headaches and the like.

Comments

• Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    I've got a pair of Gunnar's, and I love them. Since I only wear them at home, I don't care if they look funky (my daughter says I look cool with them). Well worth the price.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Interested in the Gunnars - I often find my vision getting blurry toward the end of the day.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I also have Gunnars. They look pretty cool but I can only use them when on a computer. Otherwise, the slight magnification causes headaches.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    Interested in the Gunnars - I often find my vision getting blurry toward the end of the day.

same here! between working all day on the computer, to go home and watch tv, sports, play video games, my eyes do get blurry! Your house lights have a lot to do with it too. That is why we who have desk jobs need to take a couple walks outside for 5 to 10 minutes to give our eyes a rest and to give them some natural sun light.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The human eye has evolved to see across the entire range of distance, from a few inches to many miles. And jsut like any part of the body it need to exercise across the full range to keep supple and healthy. As chrisone said getting out is important it lets your eyes focus on something more than a foot from your face.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.