Options

Quick Interview Advice Needed

FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I have gone through 2 technical written tests, a phone interview, and an in-person interview with 2 engineers and HR. After my in-person interview the HR person said that the engineers really liked me and that she wants to invite me back for another interview with the CIO and Director of IT. What sort of questions can be expected at such an interview? Have I done the hard part by getting the engineers to like me?

I am sorry for not giving more details but I will if I get the job. The position is for a network engineer for a rather large company. I am super excited about the position. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks TE!

Comments

• Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    In my experience the CIO/Director meetings are not so much interviews as it is them telling you about the organization, their vision for the organization, asking you how you feel your experience can fit in the group and if it sounds like somewhere you want to work.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My experience with this type of interview, it was just a generalization of what they expected, their future plans, and what I saw myself doing in the future. It wasn't a tech interview but more of seeing if you would fit with the team type stuff. Good luck!
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would be ready for a job offer and wage or Salaries you may requesting as well. But the typical "Here's what we do, want to join us?" wouldn't surprise me either.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    He probably only wants to meet you, understand what are your expectation and introduce to the company to make sure you are what they want and they are what you want.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I really hope it goes well. The company had mentioned that they recently purchased 2 Nexus 7010s and that they are moving their data center. Would be a great opportunity for me to learn a ton.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I would have to agree with the above posts. My experience is that by the time you are talking to someone that high up (especially after going through so many hoops) they simply enjoy presenting the offers themselves. I would not be surprised if this "interview" is more social than technical.
  • Options
    How should i respond if they make me an offer right then and their? Should I keep my cool and say could I have a day to think about it?
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    IMO if the money is where you want it, it wouldn't be a big deal to accept it on the spot.

But, I would recommend asking for a written offer (including benefits) before giving the nod. I don't think they would be offended or anything by taking this route.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Great thread, I was about to ask pretty much the same thing. Good luck, Flo0z, it seems you're almost hired.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.