Options

Finished my degree!

BigMevyBigMevy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got my acceptance email from my school congratulating me on my degree completion. B.S. in Information Technology from CSU-Global Campus. I'm glad to be done, and to have my weekends and evenings back. It's been a long 18 months, but I think it was worth it.

It's been interesting checking in here on occasion. I didn't find this website till after I started (not long after really) so I didn't know about WGU. But I can't say I'm disappointed in my choice. It was time consuming but not overly difficult given I've been in the industry for 15 years, I finished with a 3.90. Lots of paper writing and discussion board requirements, along with weekly quizzes. I imagine probably not too much different from WGU.

The big seller for me was that it was accredited, had name recognition (particularly in my area since I live in Colorado), and was reasonably priced. Particularly in comparison to the more well known (and absurdly priced) ITT Tech and U of Phoenix type schools.

Anyways, just wanted to pat myself on the back a bit, and offer some thanks to the members here as you've all provided some interesting discussion and viewpoints over the last 18 months.

Comments

• Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job! I should be finishing mine in the next 3-4 months, I'm excited to get it out of the way.

I'm in the CO area as well, what kind of IT work do you do?
  • Options
    nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Must feel good after 18 months of hard work. icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!Are you gonna further your education with some kind of master's?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

It's been a year now for me, and I'm still feeling that big sigh of relief that I'm not going to have the next big paper to write or exam to study for.
  • Options
    BigMevyBigMevy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job! I should be finishing mine in the next 3-4 months, I'm excited to get it out of the way.

I'm in the CO area as well, what kind of IT work do you do?

IT manager for a large biomedical company, but it's at a remote office so it's a bit of everything. Also, I was just recently was promoted so several of our other remote site IT folks report into me.
    Congrats!Are you gonna further your education with some kind of master's?

I haven't decided, my boss is kind of pushing me that way but I'm not overly eager to do so. I'm definitely not doing it this year, I need a break.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the achievement!
  • Options
    KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! It is such a nice step to complete too! icon_thumright.gif
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!