Options

Got a question on personal opions

neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
Here is a job I found, do you think a A+, and network + certifications would be enough to get in the door.

JOB SUMMARY:

Provides technical support of desktop computers, applications, network infrastructure and related technology. Support includes installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals. Participates in planning of programs, policies or objectives for own work group and department.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identifies, analyzes, and initiates resolutions as first level support for all PC and Peripheral connectivity devices. Responsible for installations, re-location, and upgrades of computer-based systems and computer peripherals. Responds to troubleshooting calls and repairs malfunctioning equipment to assist employees as needed; serves as departmental liaison. Support complex client/server systems maintaining minimal outages to end user computing. Work with Help Desk and I.T. staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received. Diagnoses connectivity problems; resolves or coordinates resolution of problems. Activities will include interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique problems. On-call 24/7 for IT supports issues. Participates in activities and duties related to emergency management during a local state of disaster as directed by appropriate county managers.

REQUIREMENTS:
HS Diploma/GED; 1 year job-related experience. Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking. Strong technical diagnostic skills in troubleshooting hardware and software products. Strong organizational skills; verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees and elected officials. Must stay informed of technological advances and trends in the computer industry.

BAAS - Web and Media Design
Working on A+

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure, apply and see!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    If it sounds like something you'd enjoy or are interested in, definitely apply. It never hurts to try. What's the worse that will happen? What's the best that could happen? I always ask myself those questions if I'm unsure whether to apply or not.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Sounds like a good one. They don't specifically ask for any Cisco certs. Go for it.
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Apply, it not our opinion you need it the company opinion that matters. You should also show your resume here as well in any case good luck.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I always wonder about ads like this because of the "1 year job-related experience". What if one doesn't have this??
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    So the deal is with all of these job postings is they are listing the "ideal" candidate, some one that can hit the ground running, who doesn't want that. But, that guy doesn't always exist, that is where you come in and blow them away in an interview. Also, do you know anyone that works there, anyone that knows anyone that works there? Getting the interview is the hardest part, once you have the interview it is all up to you. Remember, an interview isn't just about your technical abilities, it is about those soft skills as well and how well you would mesh with the current environment.