Need CISSP practice questions

joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello folks, I am looking to take the CISSP exam in a couple of weeks? I have practiced the questions offered here but looking for more questions, does anyone have any suggestions? Web reference etc? Thanks.

Comments

• bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    I bought the Transcender a couple weeks before taking it, and got a rude awakening on how much I didn't know. You got a few options, but that $150 for me I think was the difference in pass/fail.
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I will check it out.
  • BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    I used cccure.org for the testing. It was a great and it helped reinforce the answers they said correct.
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure about Transcender web stuff as it wanted me to enter CC details in a non HTTPS web page. Not sure if anyone else noticed it!
    I got the Trascendar now- will be working with that shortly! I am also using questions at the end of the Shon Harris book. Will check out the cccure ones. I scheduled the exam now. Getting ready to go!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The (ISC)2 itself sells self-assessments for their own exams: https://www.isc2.org/studiscope/default.aspx
    Thanks for sharing that. Nice to know, but surprised they are charging so much whereas Transcendar sells close to 1000 questions for just a little over $100 and still offers additional stuff.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Are the Transcender questions asked close to how the questions on the actual exam are? I was planning on getting the Studiscope practice exams from ISC2 because they specifically say they are modeled after the actual exam and even use retired questions. That would be really helpful I think.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    I just got the Transcendar and installed it (haven't got a chance to use it yet), I will be checking it out over the next few days, so I can't give an opinion yet, however, I have seen a few references that it is good stuff. Besides they give you a Pass Guarantee or your money back. My plan is to use it with the cccure offering. I think both still offer you a cost saving over the ISC2's Studiscope. I'm not condemning the Studioscope however, just simply expressing the route I plan to take. Thanks.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Pass guarantee would be nice. We'll see. Boblowlaw I know you used the Transcender to prep and passed your CISSP. Can provide input on how closely the Transcender mirrors how the questions are asked on the actual exam?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    What I wrote on another thread with little editing:

I didn't find the questions necessarily similar, but the squirelly wording was spot on. I can't tell you how many times I would review questions and got something I knew wrong simply from not reading the questions twice. Basically made me institute a "Read the question two times" rule.

I didn't use the flashcard portions of the Transcender. All I did was the quizzers two weeks prior to the exam. It gives you 3 different full quiz sims (straight score - does not tell you the questions you miss, just domain scores). My initial score was a 67. I didn't study. I wanted to get a full sim dry run. After that I would just quiz-quiz-quiz. Check every answer. Wrote down anything I didn't know. It's not a brain ****. The explanations were very good. After the first week I did another full sim prep. 74. I didn't change any of the study habits. Just pounded away the practice quizzes and checking every answer. I was getting high 80's on the practice questions (I'd do anywhere from 50-100 question mixed domain sessions). Final test prep I got a 77.

Not to knock the practice questions that came with Shon's Fifth AIO because they definitely helped me learn, but the difficulty level isn't there. The questions are more straight forward in it. You have to supplement with more quizzers. I was getting 90's at the end of almost everything in the AIO quizzer. Then bam... 67 on the Transcender full prep (granted Transcender tries to make their prep harder than the actual exam).

Addendum - I don't think you'll find any questions that are straight mirrored. For example, you WILL find mirrored questions on CompTIA because some of CompTIA questions are straight forward Q&A. The questions for the CISSP are a little more abstract, as is life. Pretty sure Transcender has a little free demo you can download. Once again, there are many ways to pass. This worked for me, but the pass guarantee is a nice one.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Pass guarantee would be nice. We'll see. Boblowlaw I know you used the Transcender to prep and passed your CISSP. Can provide input on how closely the Transcender mirrors how the questions are asked on the actual exam?
  • keri2000keri2000 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi! I was wondering which of the options you purchased through Transcender and which you found to be most effective (practice exams, ebook, e-learning?). There are quite a few, each around $150, so I am looking for which one you got to help you. I heard the practice exams were great because they go into a lot of detail with the answers, but I was thinking the e-learning module would be good too. Thx, Keri
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Are the Transcender questions asked close to how the questions on the actual exam are? I was planning on getting the Studiscope practice exams from ISC2 because they specifically say they are modeled after the actual exam and even use retired questions. That would be really helpful I think.

From what I remember, not really. The test tends to ask a lot of scenario based questions, and the Transcender questions were pretty straight forward (i.e. choose the definition from a list of choices)
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Check your library for Shon Harris' exam questions book. If they do not have a physical copy many libraries will have ti in electronic format as an ebook that you can read online.