Options

Starting WGU on 04/01/2013. Any Tips and suggestions

SerjSerj Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I will be starting WGU in April and I going for BS in IT. I had 66 CUs transferred and I need 55 more. I am planning and hoping to finish in 2 terms. Any tips or suggestions you guys have?
Thank You!

Here are the classes that I'll be taking.
CUV1 Web Technologies
CRV1 Networks
CTV1 Security
BOV1 Web Programming
BNC1 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
IWC1 Literature, Arts and the Humanities
IWT1 Literature, Arts and the Humanities: Analysis and Interpretation
KET1 Introduction to Programming
MGC1 Principles of Management
RIT1 Leadership Concepts and Applications
CJV1 Database I
KFT1 Object Oriented Design and Development
TPV1 Project Management
SBT1 Technical Writing
QZT1 IT Capstone Written Project
Bachelor of Science, IT - 06/2015

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Looks like 2 terms max.

BNC1, MCG1 are classes you can take at home with the secured web cam. You have to schedule out 5 days ahead for these exams - unless that's been changed, of course. So, if you do the BNC1 pre-assessment and get an 80%, then schedule right away and use the coaching report to focus on any weak areas.

The literature classes were pretty easy and RIT1 is just 4 paper, 2-5 pages each.

The programming classes took me the longest as I had zero Java experience.
  • Options
    SerjSerj Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I took C++ class in college, hopefully that will help me.

Hope you don't mind asking, what city in WA you live in?
    Bachelor of Science, IT - 06/2015
  • Options
    Having some programming knowledge will help with KET1 and KFT1. Good luck!
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Im gonna start on 4/1 too! im gonna try for the IT Security focus, although I dont quite have everything completed yet (paper work forms) so we'll see
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Looks like 2 terms max.

BNC1, MCG1 are classes you can take at home with the secured web cam. You have to schedule out 5 days ahead for these exams - unless that's been changed, of course. So, if you do the BNC1 pre-assessment and get an 80%, then schedule right away and use the coaching report to focus on any weak areas.

The literature classes were pretty easy and RIT1 is just 4 paper, 2-5 pages each.

The programming classes took me the longest as I had zero Java experience.
    What is the webcam for? so they can see you take the exam w/out cheating??
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Exactly. Before you take the exam, you will sign into a system where it captures how you type your password (speed, pauses between letters), then you will look into the web cam for about 5 seconds for a biometric type authentication....then you can take the exam. Also...they are pretty strict when you are taking the exam. The first exam I ever took with WGU, I was reading a question out loud, and five seconds later...I get a message on the screen pretty much telling me to shut up lol Nevertheless, I enjoy taking exams at home...it's so easy to just sit down, take the exam, and then continue with your day.
  • Options
    ^^^ Yup. Its nice to be able to take a test at home. I talk to myself when I am working through something, so I had to watch that when taking exams.
  • Options
    Damn, hella seriousness lol