Options

In your Opinion.. How many months should I prepare for these certifications?

CaptainLCaptainL Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys! Can I ask for your advice? :)

My current status:
•I passed my CCNA
•My IT knowledge is only based on my CCNA
•My IT experience is also based on my CCNA (configured real routers and switches for I think 5 times only, most of the time I do it on Packet tracer)
•I will be taking up my Engineering board exam this October and I will be graduating this april. which means I can have free days before I take my board exam

My certification goals (for now.. since I'am still thinking of a Good line up of certifications to help me land a good job and that are worthwhile)
•Linux+
•LPIC
•RHCSA
•CCNA: VOICE
•CCNA: SECURITY
•CCNP

^these are not in order

Question 1:
With my current status. In your opinion, how long would it take for me to prepare for these certifications?
a. If I have 3-4 hours everyday for 5 days
b. If I have 4-5 hours everyday for 5 days
c. If I have 5-6 hours everyday for 5 days

Question 2:
Do I need to start at Linux+ on my linux path or jump on LPIC?

Question 3:
With these certifications listed, what are the possible job titles that will come?

Question 4:
Do my line up of certifications good? I'am not yet decided on what job title/position I want so I think I'am generalizing in my certifications.

Question 5:
What should I strip of my certification plans and what should I replace or add?

If you have free time and takes interest with my questions please follow this format in answering my questions
(To make it look organized and clean)

Question 1:
a.
-linux+ = x months
-LPIC = x months
-RHCSA = if I passed LPIC/Linux+, it will take x months
-CCNA: VOICE = x months
-CCNA: SECURITY = x months
-CCNP = x months

b.
-linux+ = x months
-LPIC = x months
-CCNP = x months

c.
-linux+ = x months
-LPIC = x months
-CCNP = x months

Question 2:
-

Question 3:
-

Question 4:
-

Question 5:
-

Additional Advice:
-

I HOPE YOU HAVE TIME AND TAKE A LOOK AT MY SCENARIO. I WILL BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CaptainL wrote: »
    Question 4:
    I'am not yet decided on what job title/position I want so I think I'am generalizing in my certifications.

First, decide where you would like to be then take the certs suggested for your path. This can only be answered by you! For example if you decide to stay with the network side I don't see any reason why you should get any Linux certs unless you are working with Linux.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    webgeek wrote: »
    First, decide where you would like to be then take the certs suggested for your path. This can only be answered by you! For example if you decide to stay with the network side I don't see any reason why you should get any Linux certs unless you are working with Linux.

my career path I'm planning to take is on the network and I've read that a combo of cisco-linux is one of the best combo in the networking world. I want also to try system administration because I heard from my IT friend, people who work on networks doesn't have any holidays.

neglecting question 4. can you give me answers on the other questions? :)
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CaptainL wrote: »
    my career path I'm planning to take is on the network and I've read that a combo of cisco-linux is one of the best combo in the networking world. I want also to try system administration because I heard from my IT friend, people who work on networks doesn't have any holidays.

neglecting question 4. can you give me answers on the other questions? :)

24x7x365 are perks of the job in any IT role until you get up to a C level executive position.

Question 1:
    With my current status. In your opinion, how long would it take for me to prepare for these certifications?

No one can really give you information on how much time you should be studying for your certs since it all depends on your test taking abilities since we all learn at different paces and depending on how much time each person has available. There a lot of factors to include in the equation. Best bet is to plan you course of attack and execute to the best of your ability.

Question 2:
    Do I need to start at Linux+ on my linux path or jump on LPIC?
    When you pass Linux+, you get LPI-1. Two certs for one test

Question 3:
    With these certifications listed, what are the possible job titles that will come?
    Depends on location but possibilities are endless with the right attitude

Question 4:
    Do my line up of certifications good? I'am not yet decided on what job title/position I want so I think I'am generalizing in my certifications.
    Already answered

Question 5:
    What should I strip of my certification plans and what should I replace or add?
    Again, depends on which path you decide to take
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Study until you feel you know the material well enough to pass the exam.

You have a CCNA, so you should have a pretty good feel for how long you should study to pass other Cisco exams. Other entry level exams require similar amount of effort.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    thank you guys for your input! Do you think in your own ability that you can prepare for linux+ or LPIC-1 in 1 month?