Options

Almost passed A+ Essentials exam....What next?

halfdemonhalfdemon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the exam today, and my score was a 638. The MINIMUM score needed is a 675. My question is, what's the best way to go over my weak spots? I noticed that I'm weakest hardware-wise.

Comments

• Options
    dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would go over the exam objectives and highlight the ones you dont know off the top of your head. Then study those hard and reschedule that exam. You can do it. :)
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep studying don't give up, I failed my first time both hardware and software, I would schedule soon so some of the questions are fresh in your mind. Things that you don't really know the answer to you can always ask on here, refer to your book, take any practice exams you can find, research on youtube, internet, whatever it takes until you feel comfortable enough to take another shot at it, just remember you did well and next time around you will do even better don't give up!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What resources are you using? Remember to supplement your study matrial with more then one book. Professor Messor has Video's that are very good to help with getting the info in your head. Also I used note cards with specific subject matter that I needed to commit to memory, like the 6 step troubleshotting mythology (if you don't know that, you should know it BY HEART!!!). Sometimes the best answer to you may not be the best CompTIA answer.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    halfdemonhalfdemon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    besides the tech exams practice questions, i am also using the sybex engine and certblaster. plus i am using the cram master 801 practice engine.
  • Options
    gp7816gp7816 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GO to the library, see if they have access to any of the study guides related to the test series your are taking. Most times the cd that comes with the book is still there, use it. Take as many tests as you can stand (I know it's tough with every practice test being 100 questions), pay attention to your wrong answers and study them before take another test. Alternate the test you use so that you are not memorizing the tests themselves, but you want to get yourself to a point where you can complete the test scoring higher than 90% every time. All the test engines present their questions a little differently, so the more you have access to, the better off you'll be.
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What you need to do is work on the way you study for the test. Make sure you eliminate all other distractions. Don't try to study when you're fatigued (i.e. after a night at the bar or a day of video games).