Add assembly to C:\Windows\assembly?

gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
Anyone know how to add an assembly to C:\Windows\assembly? I need to add Microsoft.Office.Policy.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64, for my SharePoint 2010 foundations environment. Trying to import a site, but when I run "Import-SPWeb -identity http://xxx –path C:\xxx\Export.cmp, I have feature conflicts. So I need to install the feature via stsadm -o installfeature -name LocationBasedPolicy.

I grabbed the feature from the host server, but it won't install due to not having the necessary assembly, as I get the error:Failed to load receiver assembly "Microsoft.Office.Policy, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" for feature "LocationBasedPolicy"

Edit: Was able to figure it out... I navigated to the remote server location of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL, and then copied the necessary assembly, since you can't copy from C:\Windows\assembly
WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

Comments