Options

Waiting for offer letter

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Dear all,

one week ago I received an email saying that the HR department was working on an offer letter that would be very close to complete.

Do you think it would be appropriate to check back today or should I give it more time? How long would you expect to wait for an offer letter?

Thank you!
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A week's a reasonable wait. I'd ping them to find out the status of the offer letter. BTW, Congrats on the new job.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! I'm assuming it's Linux related? icon_wink.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    A week's a reasonable wait. I'd ping them to find out the status of the offer letter. BTW, Congrats on the new job.

Agreed. A weekly check-in is totally reasonable.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    It's always the hardest time exercising patience when waiting for the offer letter icon_wink.gif Congrats on the new job, hopefully the initial offer meets and/or exceeds all of your expectations!
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lordy wrote: »
    How long would you expect to wait for an offer letter?
    With my employee hat on, I'd say the average for a small company is one day and the average for a large corporation is one week. I've had both make on-the-spot offers before, especially when your reputation proceeds you.

With my employer hat on, red tape once took over six months for an entry-level candidate at a large corporation.
  • Options
    NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    One week is reasonable. If they get irritated with you that is bad sign. At that point you can tell they are one of those employers who expect that you are going to know the way "XYZ Company" does business. Dense on their part.
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I send them a polite email and got a quick reply saying that they will be sending it shortly.

Thanks everybody for the help. Once I sign it I will post again to let you know more about the new gig :)
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Awesome, let us know some details if you accept!

I'm in the same boat, been waiting for a little over a week and still getting the run around on when it will actually be sent. I know they're busy and waiting on other people to process this through but waiting still sucks!
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I am glad you posted this, I am in a similar situation and the replies have made me feel better...

I had an interview and in the interview the boss told me he wanted to hire me (which of course is a good sign), but it was via recruiter, so I had to tell the recruiter, he had to tell his boss, who had to call the job boss, etc...

so the recruiter keeps telling me everything is agreed upon and I will be getting an offer, but I haven't got one yet, so I was a little leery, but I'm under the 1 week mark
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark