Options

Brainbench tests work or not ????

victorouvictorou Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
How do you guys think of the tests offered by Brainbench.com?? Does it worth the money to take? Will the HR people look at these the same way as the certs we discuss in this forum? icon_confused.gif:
BS in Information Technology
Certs: A+, Network+, MCP(70-270, 70-290)

Comments

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The brainbench tests allow you to use the Internet and there are no checks to see if you are the one actually taking the test. The validity of their tests is in question. I have never paid for a Brainbench test but they do have times where they offer some tests for free. I have taken over 10 of their tests and not paid any money for any of them but I also do not advertise them. I took each one on the fly also without prep. They tend to charge for preparation materials as well. I used it as simply a way to find holes in the knowledge I have of certain subject areas. I would recommend that you try some of their free tests after signing up for an account. That will give you an idea of the difficulty level of each.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took many of their tests before I started my A+ - I found them a good way to get into 'learning mode', but they are in reality something that any HR person would totally ignore.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007