Options

Western Governors - Switching tracks from ND&M to BSIT?

Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
Has anyone switched tracks to the Network admin track or the BSIT track from the Network Design and Management track? I am in the position that all I have left to take is the MCITP:EA tests that are retiring in july and my current term ends in april. I have been advised that I need to pick another track.... Any input?
WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I guess I may be in the same boat.
    The Microsoft certs are confusing to me. If the MCITP is retiring, what is taking its place? MSCA?

Why do you have to pick another track? Could you not just take whatever the new exam is?
  • Options
    KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    Well guys the two exams that are in addition for the EA are retiring on 7/31/13. The 70-643 and the 70-647 are the two exams that if you pass them in the next four months then you would be good to go. Passing them are up to you and being shoved into a corner doesn't help.

The other exams needed for the WGU degree the 70-640 and 70-642 are not being retired, but usually you would want to pass those two exams first. The other thing to remember is you can only change your degree's in-between terms. So if you stay in the ND&M track you may have to switch to the newer classes which may add some more towards your required class total. Since according to WGU's website (although it looks like the program guide is not updated) you would only have to take the 70-640 & 70-642 along with some of the MTA's.

My advise is switch to the generic IT degree (sure Java does suck) but if you are unfamiliar with server 2008 your goose could be cooked. I wasted around 3 months of my second term trying to just pass the 70-640 using the newer course resources along with CBT nugget videos and talking with the course mentor for a few hours.