Options

Net+ prep exam rating

janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
I am preparing for the Net+ exam. After seriously studying Meyers's All-In-One Exam Guide, I have tested on numerous free practice exams and with about 4 sets of exams that I have purchased. I can average about 90% on these exams now.

I have just taken the 2 Meyers exams from the CD included with the book and scored 100% and 95% on them.

My question is, can some experienced person give an evaluation as to how the Meyers practice exams compare to the level of difficulty encountered on the actual COMPTIA exam.

Need to settle this inner nagging before I test.
"It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The exams with Mikes books generally tend to be a little easier than the real exam. If you are scoring 90%+ and you have only used that exam once or twice then you should be ready for the real thing, however if you have used a particular practice exam more than 3 times chances are that you have just learned the answers and that is not ideal.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I feel like I'm ready. I've scheduled to take the exam Monday after July 4th.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    how do you score with the techexams questions?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Scoring about high 80s to low 90s with these tests. I don't remember exact scores. I took them about 3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Well, that's long enough to try them again, I've added 10 new questions about a week ago... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Took TechExam tests this AM. Scored 100% on 60 questions, 100% on OSI model, but only 73.3% on well-known ports. Missed 4 of the ports.

That's one of those things that have to be memorized. I've got flash cards made for these and others. I'll have to refresh my memory.

These exams are as good as I've seen anywhere, and I've seen several.

Thanks.

PS: Found a site called MCSE Networking Essentials with 3 nice practice exams about a month ago. They're listed as MCSE, but they are helpful for the Net+ also. See them at http://hegerlandtrading.no/MCSE_test1.htm
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    PS: Found a site called MCSE Networking Essentials with 3 nice practice exams about a month ago. They're listed as MCSE, but they are helpful for the Net+ also. See them at http://hegerlandtrading.no/MCSE_test1.htm

I agree, the older Network Essentials exam, which I,ve done myself about 4 -5 years ago, can be very good practice, the objectives are very similar to Net+