Options

Business Analyt (BA) Profile

chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been reading several articles + wiki about the BA role and the profile/background associated with the position. I'm not clear what is the standard profile of a BA by standard i mean the minimun requirements(experience/degree/certs) to be a BA and what would you consider is the standard job description of a BA, i know some companies might require a person with some very specific skills but in general terms what is BA for you and what takes to be a BA(profile/background and minimum requirements).

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It really depends, BA in different environments means different things. Most of the BA roles are merging with PM's. It's "cost effective" to intergrate the roles at least that's how I see companies leveraging those two roles.

Testing, Use and test cases, requirements, analysis, business strategies and direction, client/customer needs, etc.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you haven't come across this organization yet - you may want to check out IIBA - IIBA| International Institute of Business Analysis| Home

In the environment that I'm in, a BA isn't a technical position and generally are more aligned with product management. So the individuals with BA roles then to come from a product background. Even the BA's that support IT functions are generally a lot less technical and focus more on functionality. They generally are responsible for reviewing business requirements (either internal or customer) and then translating those requirements to documents which can be used by the technical teams.