Options

WGU - Accelerated Track???

the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
Looking at the WGU MS in Info Security and Assurance. If I already have all of the certifications that are included in the degree plan, how realistic is it for me to think that I could complete this program in 1 year (instead of 2)???

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best thing would be to call and ask icon_wink.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    hutch,

It all depends on how much time you put into the program. Off the top of my head, I know you have the CEH and CHFI (which I believe account for 4 credits) and if you had the CCENT (2 credits)..you could potentially start your masters with 6 credits and only 24 to go. From what I know of you, you could get the program done in one term. FYI, you will be writing a lot of papers.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    With your credentials, you could complete the program in a year. You will have to write a lot of papers...not hard to do....just a PIA.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    I'm almost done, one test and the capstone left to complete. If I do so by the end of April it will have been 1 year. I started with CCNA, so less than you.

I was on track to complete in 1 term (6 months), but I knew I wouldn't be able to due to military exercises getting in the way.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    jfitzgjfitzg Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its entirely possible, I finished my MSISA in 1 term and I didnt have any of the certs, it all depends on your experience and the amount of time you can put into the program, the work itself isnt hard, you just have to write a bunch of papers and know what you are talking about.