Passed 220-701

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Wow what a weight off my shoulders. I've studied off and on for roughly a year, but put the pedal to the medal for the last 3 weeks. I read the Exam Cram, Mike Meyers AIO, and Professor Messer's videos for topics I wasn't to sure of. I used Exam Cram's practice test, Skillsoft (which I got access from a friend) and Trainsignal's. I did pretty terrible on the practice exams only scoring 67-75 for Trainsignal, and 80-84 on the other two. I also took the MTA:OS test as well (my school provides us with vouchers for taking the classes).

If anyone has any questions who plans on taking this test without violating the NDA I will be happy to answer anything. Thanks again guys for the motivation and help this forum has supplied.

Comments

• _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Ls1raiderLs1raider Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the PASS!!!!
    AAS Computer Networking and Service Technology
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing another thread from you passing the 702!
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • MegaMacMegaMac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excellent work. Good luck on "Part 2"! It can be pretty tricky. When I took it, I was very comfortable with pretty much most of my answers. I passed, but not with the score I was expecting. Was kind of embarrassed at myself, but I suppose I was being too critical. Passing is what matters, but the learning never stops.
  • JasonP03JasonP03 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any reason you didn't do 801 instead of 701? And congrats!
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @JasonP03 basically, I had the Mike Meyers AIO book for the 700 series and a coworker gave me the Exam Cram. So instead of buying newer books, I decided this was best solution for me.
  • ronbig60ronbig60 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I purchased two A+ certification vouchers from my college on the first of the year (1-2013) and today I went to the Pearson vue web site to schedule my first test but the site says that my voucher is not valid. I don't understand this because the two vouchers that I have are suppose to be good. I don't think they expired in this short of time. The vouchers came on two 3x5 cards and they only say A+ CERTIFICATION VOUCHER on the top of the cards and the serial number is on the bottom of the cards, by the way the serial numbers are the same on both cards. Has anyone purchased these type of vouchers from school and if so can you please tell me how to use it.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I don't know the details of how you received your vouchers but I do know that people on the Internet have been known to sell bogus vouchers. You don't know it's bogus until you try to register.

If you purchased these vouchers from your college just a few months ago, you should go back to them and ask.

Vouchers are simply numbers and I normally see them distributed via email, but there's nothing wrong with writing them down. However, the numbers should be different. A single voucher is no longer valid after it has been used.

Hope this helps.
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought mine from my school bookstore, they had it typed on a label, attached to an index card.
  • juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats! good luck on 702!