Options

South Florida | Entry Level IT Job | Help Desk | Good Experience and opportunity!!!!

BocaRatonITBocaRatonIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

The Company I work for is in dire need for people looking to work in IT. We support Microsoft Business customers, so you only talk to IT departments.

You will gain a lot of experience in Active Directory, Exchange Server, SharePoint, ADFS.

we offer 3-4 Microsoft exams paid by the company, we are very busy and need to get new people in. I get a referral bonus so contact me for the details.

Company is located in Boca Raton, 3 mins away from I-95, train from Miami and West Palm and a bus to bring people to our door. flexible work hours, we are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

call me or send me a message here. 561-206-4420

Spanish and Portuguese positions available.

Comments

• Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    This would have been a good oportunity for me about 3/4 weeks ago. I get a lot of job offers from the Boca area but its like 1.5 hrs away =\
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would so love to move to Florida.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Looks like a good opportunity for Success101. In his other thread, he mentioned he had a hard time finding entry-level works in FL.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Was this for the 50 help desk positions in Boca?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Wish i lived in Florida
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    I saw that 50 help desk job ad as well.... most likely its the same one
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    xocity wrote: »
    This would have been a good oportunity for me about 3/4 weeks ago. I get a lot of job offers from the Boca area but its like 1.5 hrs away =\

Hello fellow South FL/WGU buddy. I'm in the West Palm area looking for work and it's pretty tough around here. I check the Ft Lauderdale/Miami listings a lot also, not sure if I would want to move down there though.
  • Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    Hey guys,

The Company I work for is in dire need for people looking to work in IT. We support Microsoft Business customers, so you only talk to IT departments.

You will gain a lot of experience in Active Directory, Exchange Server, SharePoint, ADFS.

we offer 3-4 Microsoft exams paid by the company, we are very busy and need to get new people in. I get a referral bonus so contact me for the details.

Company is located in Boca Raton, 3 mins away from I-95, train from Miami and West Palm and a bus to bring people to our door. flexible work hours, we are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

call me or send me a message here. 561-206-4420

Spanish and Portuguese positions available.

Anything for senior level Microsoft guys? Or are you only looking for entry level?
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    MeditatorMeditator Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am in Boca Raton also, Pm sent.

I remember talking to a recruiter, and was told that there are around 20-30 resumes for every IT job posted here in South Florida- even for entry level. Some companies are only paying around $10 or so knowing that they have a large pool of willing participants.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Meditator wrote: »
    I remember talking to a recruiter, and was told that there are around 20-30 resumes for every IT job posted here in South Florida- even for entry level. Some companies are only paying around $10 or so knowing that they have a large pool of willing participants.

It's the same around here & I'm not even in FL. Standard entry-level is $9/$10 an hour.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Xyro wrote: »
    Standard entry-level is $9/$10 an hour.

You guys sure are lucky. Try minimum wage ($7.25) to about $9.00 around my area for entry level. The market here is rather pathetic. That said, we have a lot of national call centers around my area, all focusing on "Flexible schedules and great learning opportunities" for the college and high school kids. Why pay more than you have to?
  • Options
    MeditatorMeditator Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One thing you also have to consider is place to live, on average, room to rent is around $500 in South Florida- unless you wanna share room or even bed. W/ $9 or $10 an hour and you don't have much left for foods, gas and car insurance.

Luckily, I can stay w/ friend in West palm and only need to take care of grocery bills every month (around $350).
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    You guys sure are lucky. Try minimum wage ($7.25) to about $9.00 around my area for entry level. The market here is rather pathetic.
    Yes, I guess it's all in how you look at it.

Example: I wish I had your $7.25 in my local area. There are zero IT jobs here. To get the $9/$10 an hour I have to drive an hour (1-way) ... to where the entry-level jobs are extremely limited as it is.

My best option is driving 2 hours (1-way) for around $11/hr, which is something I've recently realized will likely be what I will have to end up doing.
  • Options
    newbnewb Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sent you a message. I'm in Miami. If there is no issue with taking the Tri-rail then I am willing.