Taking written friday

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I've put this off for about 3 months, so a total of 6 months of prep time. Lots of study and I feel there is no structure on what the focus should be of my time. The material I used is below in my sigs. I had to do a decent amount of labbing on some things I wasn't sure off.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck man!!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good Luck! Great time to review BGP best path selection, MPLS, OSPF LSA Types, and QoS Congestion Avoidance vs Management.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    im taking the voice written. If those were the topics I wouldn't even show up.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    im taking the voice written. If those were the topics I wouldn't even show up.

Hahah Touche! I keep forgetting you are more on the voice side. Voice is currently my weak spot.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck man.. Rooting for ya.. You got this..
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    How did you do shodown?
    I passed by the skin of my teeth. I got a 810, passing was 790. The area's that i'm strong in didnt' appear much, and the area's I'm weak in showed up everywhere. To pass the exam all you need to use is the books in my sig and the gateway gatekeeper book.
    Currently Reading

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Pass is a pass. Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Congrats! Do you have a plan for your lab studies?
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! A pass with that score buys you everything a pass with a perfect score would. :)
    for studying, I will be studying 3 days a week in the beginning and push that up to 4 days around half way through. Only studying in 2-3 hours a day on specific topics off a spreadsheet/calender. With INE having shorter rack rental periods and having my own lab I will work my way through the technology slowly. I was suppose to have this test done in December, but life got in the way and its almost april. I plan on a lab attempt in april of next year. Unless I feel more ready, I just had a co worker who passed in 6 months of study. But he was studying everyday and every non billable hour he used on studying, I dont want to keep his tempo.
    Currently Reading

Great job passing the written. Now comes the fun part, studying up for the lab! I've heard many voice candidates tell me that the first attempt they faced "The Beast."

Good Luck on the lab!
    Thanks, me and the wife have worked on a study plan. She's a part of the journey as well. Its just up to me the execute.
    Currently Reading

• aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats Shodown!