Options

Would you guys mind if I added some of ya'll on Linkedin?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    Doyen wrote: »
    I got a few opinions from people and decided that it was best for me to change my LinkedIn picture from what my TechExams avatar is to a picture of me next to my network rack.

I'm not going to say this is the greatest thing ever, I'm not even sure there's more to this than getting a warm, fuzzy feeling, but have you checked out http://photofeeler.com?

Basically, they have a user community that grades your picture on Likability, Competency and Influence. It's one of those deals where you have to vote on X number of pictures to earn points and then you can request your picture be scored. I killed an hour one night and it was very interesting to see how I reacted differently to various pictures of the same people and how they reacted to mine.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    PurpleIT wrote: »
    It's both hilarious and scary that we've come to this point. And maybe there's something wrong with me because none of the example pictures on the front page tell me anything about how competent or influential someone is.
  • Options
    lilysimithlilysimith Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is my LinkdIn profie, Liu Ruby
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PurpleIT wrote: »
    I'm not going to say this is the greatest thing ever, I'm not even sure there's more to this than getting a warm, fuzzy feeling, but have you checked out http://photofeeler.com?

Basically, they have a user community that grades your picture on Likability, Competency and Influence. It's one of those deals where you have to vote on X number of pictures to earn points and then you can request your picture be scored. I killed an hour one night and it was very interesting to see how I reacted differently to various pictures of the same people and how they reacted to mine.

That's a pretty neat site. If anything, it enables you to get the best picture you have out there.

LinkedIn - Todd Y.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Little late to the party, but here goes:

LinkedIn

(please mention you are from this site)
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Feel free to add me but do please explain you are coming from techexams. The link is on my profile.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Always looking to network
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/tpruess
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    If anyone wants to add me here you go

My LinkedIn
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I added a few new faces.

I too need to get a pic. I just dont know where to begin! At this point, any pic is better than no pic.
  • Options
    pbradishpbradish Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm on more of a digital marketing/strategy career path these days, but am still working towards Info Security certs.

My LinkedIn
  • Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    That's a pretty neat site. If anything, it enables you to get the best picture you have out there.

Exactly! When you consider the snap judgments that are made in the initial fraction of a second when someone first sees you I think it's only prudent to have your picture on a site such as LinkedIn be as positive as possible. However, as fredrikjj said, it is somewhat funny AND scary that we have come to this point....
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    For those of you wanting a little more TE-interaction on LinkedIn, don't forget to join the TechExams.net group.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    djentlemetaldjentlemetal Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AAS - Networking and Cyber Security
    Security+ COLOR=red]X[/COLOR CCENT COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: R&S COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: Collaboration [ ]
  • Options
    timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Go ahead and add me, in my signature.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Members of TechExams, feel free to add me as well. My LinkedIn is in my signature. Let me know you are from the TechExams community.
    [QUOTE=philz1982;859583]Go ahead and add me, in my signature.[/QUOTE]

I also sent connection requests to timesvan32, djentlemetal, & Rocket Impossible. It is so nice to learn more about other members and their experiences in the IT field.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Hope it's not too late to hop on this thread, feel free to add me on LinkedIn as well I enjoy posting to group discussions on there and networking whenever possible.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    Vask3n wrote: »
    Hope it's not too late to hop on this thread, feel free to add me on LinkedIn as well I enjoy posting to group discussions on there and networking whenever possible.

Sent you a connection invitation icon_cheers.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    Doyen wrote: »
    Sent you a connection invitation icon_cheers.gif

Awesome, cheers!
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wonder if we should also create localized TE groups .. UK / US / AUS for example ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    I wonder if we should also create localized TE groups .. UK / US / AUS for example ?

Not a bad idea but I think a very big part of TE members are from the US so the other groups will be rather empty.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Blackout wrote: »

Oh wow; small world! I sent you a connection invite icon_cheers.gif Are you a member of the Raleigh ISSA chapter?
  • Options
    geekgirl74geekgirl74 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would be great to connect!

Rachel's LinkedIn
  • Options
    This is a really cool way to connect with a lot of the folks on here and network, looking forward to checking out the TechExams group as well.

thanks to everyone that has already reached out, all the best.
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□