Options

Would you guys mind if I added some of ya'll on Linkedin?

Comments

• Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Doyen wrote: »
    Oh wow; small world! I sent you a connection invite icon_cheers.gif Are you a member of the Raleigh ISSA chapter?

Nope, didn't know there was one lol. icon_redface.gif
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Didn't want to create a new thread, but can I get some critiques on my newly added summary?

Todd Y. - LinkedIn
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    Didn't want to create a new thread, but can I get some critiques on my newly added summary?

Todd Y. - LinkedIn

beats mine - I don't even have one .... :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »

Todd Y. - LinkedIn
    Wow, that is VERY good! It is quite humbling to read and your tone is very personable. After reading yours, I am tempted to change mine. I think my summary is just all over the place and needs some severe editing.icon_redface.gif I look at my summary and get the impression that I only give it 10 minutes of thought, instead of an hour.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    AJoshuaAJoshua Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First time posting, but I've been viewing the forums for awhile now leading up to my Security+ exam I took a few weeks ago (I passed!). Currently a Senior pursuing a degree in Infrastructure Assurance in the San Antonio, Texas area. Just started a linkedin...figured it was about time, need to get my networking on before I begin pursuing jobs in a year or so!

LinkedIn
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doyen wrote: »
    Wow, that is VERY good! It is quite humbling to read and your tone is very personable. After reading yours, I am tempted to change mine. I think my summary is just all over the place and needs some severe editing.icon_redface.gif I look at my summary and get the impression that I only give it 10 minutes of thought, instead of an hour.

Thanks, I appreciate the complement.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I blanketed everyone with requests that weren't on the linkedin thread previously started, so if you got a request from David Anderson, that is me.

If you didn't get one, we are probably already connections :)
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    ande0255 wrote: »
    I blanketed everyone with requests that weren't on the linkedin thread previously started, so if you got a request from David Anderson, that is me.

If you didn't get one, we are probably already connections :)

Just got it, cheers!
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My wife took my picture for my Linkedin profile. I’m not really keen on it (I don’t think I will be happy with any picture of myself anyway).

She said I look like a techie in it (eh?), and casual clothes are what I would ware to work anyway. I know everyone won’t have the same opinion and after looking through a few profiles its not the worst, but should I go with the advice of “wear what you would to an interview”?

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I go with, wear what you where wearing while standing on top of a rock in the yorkshire Moors :)

If I want to apply for a job a write a CV and attach a picture to it. My Linked in is just for me to keep myself updates as much as any one else about what I am doing.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't mind being connected to some TE members either. Jasmin Landry | LinkedIn
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I go with, wear what you where wearing while standing on top of a rock in the yorkshire Moors :)

If I want to apply for a job a write a CV and attach a picture to it. My Linked in is just for me to keep myself updates as much as any one else about what I am doing.

Every single recruiter, both from agencies and companies have checked my linkedin once I've contacted them.

Like I said, I would find fault with it regardless (you can see the gap from the wardrobe door, not happy!).

Last question regarding this...I know everyone is adding everyone, but is it not good practice to know the people your adding?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I only add people I know, and while I don't know every one from this site well, I only add people if they introduce them selves as from this site as I play an active role here and think its a professional and respected site.

But apart from people from this site, the only people I have on linked in are those I have work with in a company or made as contacts through work. Or close friends and by close I mean been for more than one drink with.

My linked in contacts are strictly those that have influenced my professional career, and I try to keep it relaxed. I get the odd job offer through it but really not for that, quite happy where I am :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If anyone gets an invite from Daniel Bates, that's me :) I'm trying to start out with this whole LinkedIn thing after having had a defunct profile for years.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-bates/79/8a7/2b4
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If anyone is interested, you are more then welcome to add me

Jonathan Pullen | LinkedIn
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd love to get connected with some of you guys on Linkedin.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Dont want to post my link publicly, but pm me a link if you want to connect.
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Feel free to add me. I would love to learn from everyone.

Stephen Johnson | LinkedIn
  • Options
    jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here is mine feel free to link up with me. I have over 500+ connections in multiple fields of study.

Jeremy Wattenbarger | LinkedIn
  • Options
    nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to throw out there that if you want people to add you on linked in you shouldn't set your privacy settings so that someone needs your email address to add you.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    rgagnon_gamerrgagnon_gamer Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    realPSIrealPSI Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jason Wilson | LinkedIn

I work with ICS everyday. I am looking to grow my network.
  • Options
    hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What bothers you the most about this application?

I just saw something that made me cringe. This girl holding a sign saying if my Daddy gets a 1000 likes he will quit smoking.

Really! A thousands likes is all it takes to quit? How about quit smoking because it's terrible for you or because it cost a kings ransom to maintain.

What bothers you about LI? Thanks
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I don't see that. I don't like it when it asks you if you want your contacts included in your network. I wish there was a preference that disabled that feature. Otherwise, I like LinkedIn.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's a good network in general, but It's becoming 'the next facebook', too much bullshit going on there like ridiculous mind challenging games, and some other advertisements that ruin the entire experience.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I see too much "People in your network have new connections" notifications. And also "sponsored" companies showing up on my feed. I guess they have to make some money though...