Options

CCSP 642-521 CSPFA Exam resources

mostecrydermostecryder Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all...
I've been reading the posts on this website before taking my CCNA and found a lot of valuable resources. My next step is going to be CCSP, beginning with the CSPFA exam. For those that have taken this exam, what are the resources you used to study for it. So far I only have the Boson practice questions. I am planning to buy the Cisco Press books for this exam but I want some feedbacks on any available resources before making my purchase. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    brian89gpbrian89gp Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I heard that Cisco is updating the CSPFA exam sometime in September/October to include the IOS 7.0 release. If you have never worked with a PIX, 6.3 is still a good portion of the old PIX comand structure (I forget what the original name for the OS was) while 7.0 is IOS based and much like the router IOS command structure.

Before you go buying material I would at least confirm with Cisco if it is getting updated or not. Studying for the 6.3 material while the test is over 7.0 would not be a good thing.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    brian89gp wrote:
    If you have never worked with a PIX, 6.3 is still a good portion of the old PIX comand structure (I forget what the original name for the OS was) while 7.0 is IOS based...

Ummm...no, it's not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00804527db.html#wp1039831

This is the command reference guide for Pix Security Appliance v7.0 (NOT IOS 7.0)
    Read carefully the first note entry where it states:

"The CLI uses similar syntax and other conventions to the Cisco IOS CLI, but the security appliance operating system is not (emphasis mine) a version of Cisco IOS software. Do not assume that a Cisco IOS CLI command works with or has the same function on the security appliance."

We are using 7.0, and while it provides more features than 6.3, the command structure is still the same.