Options

Signed a new contract, last week ;)

chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just trying to increase the positive vibe in TE, I too signed a new contract

So add one more to:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/87699-signed-new-contract-today.html
http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/87715-signed-new-contract-yesterday.html

I started 2 threads a few weeks ago

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/87273-what-do-you-think-about.html

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/87235-recruiting-agency-looks-like-great-place-find-job.html

I was contacted by a recruiting agency and they offered me 2 jobs, went to a few interviews finally got 2 offers on my table one with JTAC and one with a company that develops software for mobiles and BI software as an IT PM.

This was the first time i utilized the forum to make a decision, i contacted two users via PM to get feedback of the Juniper TAC. As i worked for Cisco TAC a few years ago(very nice job by the way i learned a lot) and based on the users feedback I had to decline the offer because of the timeline of my resume was going to look strange to stop the progression of my career to return to a support center.

My new boss says that my technical background is very good so he asked to me review their infrastructure and provide feedback, also he wants me to train and help the other team members(jr engineers) to develop more skills, i'm working on a training program for them.
As a PM i have lots of spare time because they have 12 projects for this year but all of them very easy(at least for the type of projects that i'm used to), my boss lives in another country and most of the team members too, where i'm working is the second biggest office and the rest are just small branch offices with 10-15 persons each office.

It is the first job where I feel so comfortable, I got a huge office (do not know why or for what haha) a huge 17-20-inches laptop(it's huge i don't even feel is a laptop haha) with 6 gigs of ram....and all the necessary amenities, the place has a relaxation center with a huge TV and a ps3 and hd channels and and a couch to rest, free snacks, etc.

No need to be on call, work overtime or holidays and the strangest thing is that I feel weird because I find it impossible to work eight hours simply because there are not enough things to do or tasks demanding much time, I will take the spare time to study.

Comments

• Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy the new job.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your new job!!! Relaxation center nice :)
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently in the relaxation room watching fox sports, we'll play quake @7PM, this is driving me crazy there isn't much to do and i'm feeling weird.

I downloaded all the CCNP material i'm planning to schedule the route exam for the end of this month. As i did not have much to do this morning i helped the Sys admin of one of our offices in the caribbean to configure the wan redundancy, i'm planning to check each brand office budget during the rest of the week so i keep myself busy.

I got to get used to not been busy 24/7.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    chmod wrote: »
    I'm currently in the relaxation room watching fox sports, we'll play quake @7PM, this is driving me crazy there isn't much to do and i'm feeling weird.
    This sounds like where I am now. I'm doing, everybody's, everything, yet nothing... because they normally do nothing.
    I got to get used to not been busy 24/7.
    You can't use all of this time to study? I cannot either.