Options

tech problem need some advice!

tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, so I run into a bit of a tech problem I could use a little advice on, I have and Samsung Android phone running Ice cream.

I use outlook 2007 on my computer which is sync thought my yahoo email account. I need to find a way to sync my email and calendar and contact with my android phone form my outlook setup on my computer only using one of the following option.

one: thought my blue tooth or USB connection

two thought my home work group set-up

what software or app / stuff will I need to make this possible.

addition I would like to do all this with out have to pay much for any apps.

thank for any solution,

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Why through outlook? Just set up the email client on the phone to poll yahoo.com and it will pick everything up for you. As far as going the outlook route, MS released a Windows phone and doesn't want any other OS using Outlook. I tried a few months ago and switched everything to my google account because it wasn't worth the effort. Good luck though.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Yeah, I was a Windows Phone user, and I switched to the amazing Samsung Galaxy Note II, and it sort of works, but there are random things that dont play nice. So after I went all in on the Live account, I'm slowly trying to get everything over to Google...

but to your issue.. there is a Yahoo app for Android, doesn't it have the option to sync calendar?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I'll be honest Mike, if I could get a professional sounding GMail account, I would drop outlook or hotmail (whatever they are calling it today). I like the service, but Google seems to have an upper hand with all of their web services. Unfortunately, I cannot make any combination of my name as they are all taken. Sad day.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I had that same problem with the Live account and Gmail, I have a very common first name and last name.... I ended up going firstname.lastname.mcp@live.com when I had the Windows Phone. I tried hard to figure something out for gmail, then eventually ended up with firstname.lastname.ccna@gmail.com
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark