what do you guy's have set as your homepage?

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
Not sure if everyone is aware that uses google.com/ig but it will be fading out at the end of this year? (or next) can't remember

I am using that now, but have guy's switched to another home page yet?

Comments

• ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I remember IG. Used to use it.

I haven't had a home page in years. I open up Chrome to the blank Chrome page. I barely even use my shortcuts since my sites autofill when I type the first 1-3 letters.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    I still generally use /ig because it loads fast, has a few things that I like to keep an eye on but don't want to go to separate site for such as the weather, stocks in my IRAs, headlines (tech and general news) and the links to the various Google services are just a click away. If I don't use that I use the basic google.com homepage; it loads even faster and more often than not I am going to use a Google service or Google search anyway.

Like ptilsen I don't really use favorites/shortcuts; never have really, but I am starting to use Google bookmarks more or Evernote's web clipper depending on if I want to keep the URL or the content.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Blank - I find it more efficient.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have tiles setup with my favorite sites I go to on a daily basis....
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    webgeek wrote: »
    I have tiles setup with my favorite sites I go to on a daily basis....
    sounds intriguing
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i have Bing and then I usually end up typing in Google... I should just change it to google...
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    sounds intriguing

Can be setup in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox (I believe you have to install an add-on)
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have Bing or Google (depending on what PC Im on)
    I use prefer Firefox and it has all my regular pages saved.
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Desktop: Blank - I use the bookmark bar for the majority of sites I need.
    Work laptop: CEC (intranet)
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    At home I have a myway.com page set up, mainly for weather and the pun of the day.

At work I have FF set up to start with a few internal pages(inventory, ticket system, identity management system).
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've got a number of tabs that open when I start my browser:

Feedly
    Gmail
    imo.im
    XBMC web GUI
    Twitter
    Techexams.net
    Kinet1c.com (my blog - needs more work though)
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • SerjSerj Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used to have yahoo so I can read news but that was too distracting, now I just have a blank page.
    Bachelor of Science, IT - 06/2015
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    only ever used 'blank'

I either know where I need to go and type it or run a search as needed. I find anything that opens distracting and slows down what I need to get done.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    ptilsen wrote: »

I haven't had a home page in years. I open up Chrome to the blank Chrome page. I barely even use my shortcuts since my sites autofill when I type the first 1-3 letters.

Same as this. The only difference is that I have the blank page set to show the weather in my area and for the next few days. Direct feed though, not a web page.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am a tech news junkie so I use what I consider one of the best if not the best aggregation sites DAILY ROTATION. It gives me the current top 10 headlines plus the 10 headlines of each of the sites that I place in my profile in a 3 column format. These are the places that I would probably go anyway and I saves me a lot of time. It tracks hundreds of tech, science, programming, law, and general interest sites which you can customize into your display profile.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    oli356 wrote: »
    Work laptop: CEC (intranet)

working hard
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just have mine set to google.com. Plain and simple :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FloOz wrote: »
    I just have mine set to google.com. Plain and simple :)

Another vote for google icon_smile.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ^^^^^^^^ Same here
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What home page??? our agency i have soooooo many password screens, i get ADD before I ,,, wait what is the opt? Oh yeah i have fred flinstone on my gps.

Google ,,,
    1+
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    iGoogle on mine, Not looking forward to it going away either.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    have three tabs + one blank

google.co.uk (use to use Igoogle but found i was never looking at it)
    techexams
    expert-exchange.

Also if I am working on a project for more than a week I will add some tabs relating to it so I don't have to open them each day, like share-point pages and internet resorces that are usefull. I have quite a dynamic home page set up.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FireFox set for Google.com search page, everything else is under favs.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • LAN_ManLAN_Man Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Spiceworks Community Here
  • DevNRGDevNRG Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Our ticketing system. :/
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Web page that has a flash movie and automatically plays loud music.

just kidding, Blank page here too icon_wink.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If your answer isn't TechExams you're banned! icon_twisted.gif
    ptilsen wrote: »

Same here, but I primarily use Firefox. The newer versions have a similar start page to Chrome. The Awesome Bar works really extremely for me so I barely have to navigate my bookmarks (accumulated over 10+ years, back to the early Mozilla 1.x days).

Many years ago (10?) I had a home page that I created and maintained myself, with links to my favorite sites, plus some extra fields (FedEx and UPS tracking, Google and Dictionary.com search, etc.). These was obsoleted when I found out about Mozilla bookmark keywords (which I still use in Firefox) and special Google searches (also still use).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV