Options

Employed!

I've been going on a big up and down roller-coaster on this forum I would be super motivated to find entry job then get a interview (not get job). Then post say i give up. That happened a coupe of times, it really is a frustrating processing getting your foot in the door. Well one of my last post was about me landing a online gig, but then i posted in it, that there were more interviews to go through until i got the job. Lucky me! I went through the extra interviews, and steps, and got the job. I have finished training and starting on tuesday. It is a Chat agent position (kinda like helpdesk) I will be making 10 h/r and next week I am getting 25-29 hours. I will consider this as me getting my foot in the door. I can not be happier, its been a hard and stressful journey but I got there. I am still learning how to use some of the admin/superusers/backup functions that I will be working with but i am getting better at it. Just goes to shows not to give up on looking for that first IT job.

Background on my self

Work Experience: None(never had a job)
Certs: A+ Network+

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Glad you got the gig!

Any more certs you foresee? How about college?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    swisschris104swisschris104 Member Posts: 109
    Yeah the
    Microsoft windows server 2008 and CCNA , and I am in college now finishing up my first year in may. Im just happy that I will finally be able to save up my money and work on getting my drivers license and a car.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! And keep trucking!!! Seems like you're on the right path icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Sound like a good first step to your career. Best of luck!
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's awesome! The first step is the hardest. Just keep moving forward, even if the steps are baby steps, and you will reach your goals. You are on your way! Congratulations!!
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats - glad to read that your perseverance has paid off. Now, go soak it up and make the most of it. You are on your way!
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    This is great news! Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif