Options

Taking my core tomorrow...

ForgottenForgotten Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am taking my core tomorrow..

I have read the Syngress A+ (an outdated version). I have used study guide from cram session (.pdf). ***************** I have taken the test on this site and, lastly, went over the ExamWise questions that came with my Prometric voucher purchase at getcertified4less. I already answered about 90 percent correctly of all ExamWise questions when I first looked at them.

I think I am ready. :D

[edited by Webmaster: don't post urls to braindump sites... there are no "good ****"... **** are for cheaters]

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    ExamWise is good stuff. I used the current Syngress, as well as all the free quizzes I could find online. I also bought my voucher from the same site. ExamWise questions are the type of stuff you will see when you sit.

You should hit 900 easy.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    Now, it is a matter of hours. If everything goes fine, I'll schedule my OS exam monday next week, hehe.

P.S. Who says that **** are for cheaters? It is actually a very good preparation tool. Great amount of people use them. Even the test on this website can be considered to contain **** questions. If I am going to spend two hundred bucks I better get all the resources I can. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Hey lazyart,

What testing center did you use? I also live in Orlando.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CompTIA says, MS says, Cisco says, I do, and any logical healthy thinking person does, and we as TechExams.Net have a clear and strict anti-braindump policy.

...and I'm not going to explain the why again... do a search on the keyword "braindumps" in our forums, and hopefully for you, you will understand than... Let me remind you that you agreed to the forum terms when you signed up at TechExams.Net which includes not posting braindump sites.... You might also want to read CompTIA's agreement.
    Even the test on this website can be considered to contain **** questions.
    No way, I spend many hours and sweat writing these questions and they are all original based on my experience and the exam objectives, and can in no single way be considered as being braindumps. Braindumps are illegal copies of copyright protected intellectual property. Use them, and your not worth the certification or even a job in the IT industry.

We at TechExams.Net don't provide braindumps, we provide an alternative.
    If I am going to spend two hundred bucks I better get all the resources I can
    ... sure... you should study your @ss off to make sure you pass, not **** by reading and memorizing the exact same questions you will get on your exam.

please don't turn this into another braindump discussion, first of all you can't win it, simply because there are no arguments to use braindumps... only excuses.

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=734 [reply here if you really want to discuss braindumps...]

Or if that doesn't make any sense:
    icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.mcmcse.com/articles/braindumps.shtml
  • Options
    Whatever you say admin. I am not going to argue with you. I used braindump as a supplement, not as a primary study tool. Trust me, I CAN pass even without those braindumps, so I would suggest to you to go easy on the word usage. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    P.S. If I am that stupid, then how come I scored 92 percent first time on your own written exam.
  • Options
    Trust me, I CAN pass even without those braindumps, so I would suggest to you to go easy on the word usage.

If you can pass them so easily, why do you need the questions and answers beforehand...

I choose my words very carefully, and they exactly express my opinion, if you don't like it find another site/board... I've been spending many months of hard work to build up a site that actually allows people to learn something... for free. I will not tolerate any promoting of braindumps or other **** methods. These are also the terms you agreed to when you registered, if that's too much for you I suggest you leave and find a braindump/cheetsheet site that is out for a quick buck (over your back) instead of sharing knowledgde... as in what we do.

Johan
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    If you can pass them so easily, why do you need the questions and answers beforehand...

Ever heard of surprises? I use this as an additional backup. I look at the answers only after answering the question on my own, not just blatantly memorizing the answers.

Like I said, you are the admin and I can't argue much against you. I agree that this is a very good website, but do not say that I can't win without braindumps. I have done a thorough study on the subject.
  • Options
    imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just to step in. If you are so confident how come you have yet to pass the exam??
  • Options
    imfrom51 wrote:
    Just to step in. If you are so confident how come you have yet to pass the exam??

It starts in an hour actually. I have never taken an exam in adaptive format. But it seems that no one cares, since I have been labeled as cheater, and lazy enough to study for it. Oh well..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hope it goes good for you!
  • Options
  • Options
    I didn't say you are stupid, also I didn't say you can't win the exam.. I said you can't win a braindump discussion....

I'm not even labelling you a cheater, I'm saying that using braindumps is cheating... which in fact it is. Knowing the questions and answer beforehand is obviously and logically cheating... Inform CompTIA about the material you used to prepare and I guarantee they won't give you the cert...

I guess you haven't followed up on the links I suggested... please do... it will make sense once you start reading them...
    then how come I scored 92 percent first time on your own written exam.

That's a good score, showing you are ready to take the exam. Take my advice and stay away from braindumps... you'll feel twice as good about yourself when you do pass it.

I didn't mean to demotivate you in anyway, when it comes to braindumps I'm just not negotiable...

Good luck on your exam...
  • Options
    Thank you guys.... :D

I have already passed A+ core with 847. No SCSI, no IRQ, no DMA, no CPU sockets, not even a single printer question. I feel like I wasted time memorizing all those IRQ's, DMA's, I/O adresses and CPU sockets.

My scheduled time was 11:45, I arrived at 11:10 and right after signing the form and presenting ID, I was directed to exam room. It took me 6 minutes to finish it.

This website helped me a lot, since it has many challenging questions and good material.

Now, it is OS. As soon as I will finish writing this post, I will register with my remaining voucher for OS this monday. And then it is study time.... (I'll try with no braindumps this time icon_wink.gif )
  • Options
    Congrats! icon_wink.gif

And good luck with your OS study.... be sure to let us know if you need any help with certain topics...
  • Options
    Forgotten wrote:
    What testing center did you use? I also live in Orlando.

New Horizons on Lee Road. I'll be heading back on the 17th to finish up the OS portion.

Congrats on your results (even though you made a liar out of me). What domain(s) did you miss?
  • Options
    I used the same testing center.

I missed 2.1 (problems with modules) and 4.3 (bus architecture of mobo's).

P.S. What do you mean by making a liar out of you. That I did not score 900? I know, I am slightly upset myself. I was pretty sure that I would score over 900.
  • Options
    Forgotten wrote:
    P.S. What do you mean by making a liar out of you. That I did not score 900? I know, I am slightly upset myself. I was pretty sure that I would score over 900.

lol.. just busting your chops a bit. I missed something in the configuring and installing of peripheral devices. We can compare notes again in a couple weeks when I hit OS.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the score doesn't amount to much in an adaptive test. it's just the way they work. i aced both of my exams and got over 1000 in the core and just under 900 in the operating systems exam. i ended up waiting for six months to do my last exam as i couldn't get time of work and the centre i wanted to use only opened wednesday to friday - i should have gotten a much higher score because of this, but like i said, adaptive tests work out their score differently.
    A+ Moderator