The lab? Way to go!
  • Options
    srgsrg Member Posts: 140
    gorebrush wrote: »
    The lab? Way to go!
    Yep! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Down- just realized you're heading to orlando. I'm in Orlando all the time.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    srg wrote: »
    Went to SJ two weeks ago and passed! :)

Congrats on the pass! How did you feel that the CCNP SP prepared you for your lab experience? Still targeting early 2014 for the lab attempt.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Down- just realized you're heading to orlando. I'm in Orlando all the time.

House will be finished just after the first of the year! I'm looking forward to the move and maybe we can get a nice study group together for some additional topics.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    So an update... I took time off for family/work reasons and it's almost time to get back on schedule. My family and I will be moving to Orlando even sooner than we thought which will be great for coordinating with a few individuals that I will be studying with.

I'll be out in Vegas next week for NetApp Insight and planning to take the cDOT NCDA. Once that is out of the way (work requirement) I'm starting back on the SP books/videos and mapping out a plan of attack. I am still on track for a late 2014 lab attempt for the SP.
  • Options
    Now that some of the work requirements are behind me and the relocation is moving forward I am able to start back on the studies. I'm redoing my study strategy to be more flexible for both travel and for moving over the next few weeks. I should have an updated study plan put together by end of this week.

I plan to stick to my usual study routine of 8pm until around 12 or 1 am 5x per week. I need to have at least 2 nights off for family/mental de-stress reasons!
  • Options
    Re-starting the INE videos tonight and will be reading BGP Design and Implementation, MPLS Fundamentals, Layer 2 VPN Architectures, and then IOS XR Fundamentals in that order. If I get enough quiet time I should have most of this done around Thanksgiving. I'm planning to start working on labs just after my move the following week. My goal is to have the written exam completed by end of Q1 2014 and then the lab not too far after.
  • Options
    Just received Layer 2 VPN Architectures today. Planning to add that to the reading list after I finish BGP Design & Implementation and MPLS Fundamentals. Tonight I will be going through IS-IS ATC videos and working my way towards the MPLS studies.
  • Options
    Finishing up IS-IS tonight and then moving on to MPLS and L3VPN.
  • Options
    Finished the IS-IS videos and some supplemental reading earlier this week. Moving on to MPLS review and L3VPN content over the next few days. Now that they allow you to use iPads in Airplane mode on Delta Flights during first 10 minutes of flight, I might spend more time in the INE videos. Still going over the books, but at a slower rate than the videos.