Options

Question about ACE IT certs credit

ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
If you self studied for any IT cert and took the exam, how do you get ACE to put in on your transcript? I went and searched for A+ and it only showed the courses taught by learning centers and colleges. So I guess you get credit for the course and not the cert?

Comments

• Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    I don't believe any of those are ACE approved, but I haven't looked at it in a while.

ALEKS and StraighterLine are good choices if you're looking for ACE approved credits (ALEKS is math, SL is gen-ed mostly).

As for certifications, schools like WGU and Excelsior will give you credits for some certifications (mostly CompTIA/MS/Cisco/etc).
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Thing that irritates me is that you get SO few credits for your certs outside of WGU, it's not even funny.

You could conceivably clobber yourself with study for a year trying to pass a Microsoft networking exam, and Excelsior will only give you two credits for it.

But, all that being said, two credits is better than nothing. One less college course to sit through.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers