Options

what's the main secret?

netadminnetadmin Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys,
Those who have already passed CCNA exam, can you please advice what types of quality and ability should I build up to pass this exam in first chance? I'm curious because I love computer networking as well as administration and I hope to do CCNP too if I can clear CCNA exam.

So please any advices from the experts or cert holders?

thanks in advance icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Use the ccna blueprint as a guide to understanding of what you need to know. Even though this may be a standard answer... the blueprint will help you on all the tests from NA to NP.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    mostecrydermostecryder Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From my experiences I used a variety of resources to study for the CCNA. Make sure that you know IP addressing by heart. Also, it helps to get a couple of routers and switches to practice on.
  • Options
    tduplantistduplantis Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my CCNA today with an 896. First time I failed (2 weeks ago) with an 818.

The trick to the CCNA is to be absolutely sure you get the simulations correct. Skipping one or getting it completely wrong is almost a sure failure.
  • Options
    nothing_ptnothing_pt Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The main secret is to study hard and from as many sources as you can. Books, Simulators, test simulators, flash cards, internet.

I think it's also important not to put too many pressure on your self. As you might know by reading this forum, not all of the people pass it at first try.