Cover all CCENT Practice Labs

mgermanomgermano Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, i approaching to go to ICND1 certification. I prepared some theory exams with score between 78 and 82% aprox. I must improve that. But I think that I have to make more labs. Can you tell me all labs that i have to do to approach pass this exam.

I make lab about: cdp, rip ,backup IOS and configuration, some subnetting, ssh and telnet, some dynamic, static routing and PPP protocol all with GNS3. What else i need?

Thanks!

PS: In the exam i can use the command "?" , paper and pencil for the subnetting?

Comments

• oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    The tab key and ? is allowed in the exam. They will give you a whiteboard for subnetting etc.

I think as a whole that is it for ICND1 labbing.. not much to do really. Just make sure you can subnet quickly and well! :)
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, you can use '?' anywhere you want in the SIM during exam. But the functionality of all the commands expect what is needed would be disabled.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Here is my lab list, if it will assist:

• Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
    • Advanced Router Configuration
    • Backup Using TFTP
    • Basic Debugging
    • Basic Router Configuration
    • Basic Show Commands
    • Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
    • Configuring Router Interfaces
    • Configuring Telnet on Catalyst 2950 Switches
    • Confirming the Network Configuration
    • Creating a Host Table
    • Default Routes
    • Enhancing Switch Security
    • IGRP
    • IGRP Routes
    • Initial Switch Configuration
    • IP Addressing
    • IP Addressing on Catalyst 2950 Switches
    • Loopback Interfaces
    • RIP Routes
    • RIPv2
    • RIPv2 Routes
    • Router Basics I (rudimentary basics like: configure terminal/enable/disable/end vs. exit/show running-config/etc. cmds)
    • Router Basics II (expanded basics like: banner/line/service cmds.)
    • Router Remote Access via Telnet
    • Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
    • Saving Router Configurations
    • Setting up a Serial Interface
    • Switch and Workstation Configuration
    • Switch Basics Part I (nothing too complex - just navigation & password levels)
    • Switch Basics Part II (more navigational cmds. & simple expansion practice)
    • Telnet
    • Testing Connectivity with Traceroute
    • Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
    • Troubleshooting RIP
    • Using the Initial System Configuration Dialog
    • Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)
  • imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you tried the Cisco Network Simulator? They have ~130 labs in the simulator program that are designed fairly well. I would recommend, if you are planning to take the second exam (ICND2) in the future, to go ahead and purchase the simulator with both of the course lab material (~300 labs). The CCENT version is around $55 (right now w/discount) if you are a first-time Cisco customer. That should definitely cover any CLI functionality you are expected to understand. Hope this helps! Good luck on your studying and hopefully clearing the exam!
  • zdczdc Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the list,Xyro. was looking for something like this.
    Bdw i have packet tracer & boson netsim. Which of these would be better for practicing these labs ?
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    No problem at all zdc.

As for whether Packet Tracer or Netsim is better, that may be a matter of personal taste. I prefer Netsim, myself.
  • adrianKeithadrianKeith Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xyro, is there an intro to these labs or is it best to grab a book (ie 101 cisco labs)? something that shows how to set these up in either netsim or packet tracer?
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • adrianKeithadrianKeith Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ltat42a wrote: »

ltat42a,

thanks for that. totally forgot you posted all that stuff!