Options

CCCure.org docs and test seem outdatad, any other opinions?

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Checking out CCCure.org and I noticed that alot of the study documents have 2002 dates. I've also tried a few of the demo tests and you only get 5 questions and have to pay to get the full versions. If most of the documents on the site seem dated, are these tests even worth it? And, the Transcender tests for the CISSP get recommended alot on this forum. Do they test by the domain?
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I been thinking that too. I paid for the full version and most of the questions seem to be old questions, I may start looking at Transcender exams.
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Please have a read of the following post with comments from Clement Dupuis, the guy behind CCCure.org, really helpful.
  • Options
    fletcherjohnfletcherjohn Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is just my opinion~~ I don't think it will hurt to try it out, however, I really don't think it will do you any good. I would rather read more chapters or do other exam preps such as Transcender or Eric Conrads end of the chapter quizzes.
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the paid CCCure while prepping for the CISSP. There are some outdated questions that aren't covered in the exam anymore, but taken as a whole I found the site invaluable. You get a wide exposure to community contributed questions and a ton of tips, techniques and study documents. Since it breaks down your results by domain, the site helped me to focus on my weakest areas.

I got two free 'full-tests' when I got the Eric Conrad book but they were far, far too easy and not comparable to the CISSP exam at all. I did not use Transcender so I can't speak to them.

Also, ISC2 has their own self-testing product studISCope. They aren't cheap but I've heard that they contain (some/mostly) retired CISSP exam questions.
  • Options
    ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best bet is Shon Harris questions.