Options

101 Labs for CCNA book question

monorionmonorion Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I want to know if anyone has experience with this book, I am looking for a lab book to use that will not only tell me how to setup the lab but also what commands to use, i looked at the preview and it gave me each lab but doesn't seem to give the solution, does anyone know if this books comes with the answers?
BARNES & NOBLE | 101 Labs For The Cisco Ccna Exam by Paul W Browning | Paperback

I saw some free labs some posted on this site which is great but some don't seem to give the solution.

Also if anyone know of any good books please let me know.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    It's well worth the price.
    The labs are simple though but that's what is expected on the exam.
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    I used freeccnaworkbook.com for my labs, and Boson Netsim.
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the kindle version of the book and it has the answers to the labs on the back.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks for your help guys!!
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    BookFella wrote: »
    I have the kindle version of the book and it has the answers to the labs on the back.

Same here
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    That book is fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone studying for CCNA. As far as wanting a book to hold your hand through the lab, that is definitely the wrong book, and I would recommend purchasing the lab books that are used with Cisco Academy CCNA Discovery courses instead. They are much better suited for the type of learn-as-you-go labbing that I think you are looking for.

I still recommend spending the $10 of the 101 CCNA Labs book as part of your final prep however.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    +1 what jdballinger. If you're looking for labs, once you have the basics down, to challenge yourself then I love the 101 series. If you're looking for learn-by-exploration labs with guidance for most steps, the Cisco Academy manuals rock.

(Note: My opinion's based on the CCNP versions of both of those series.)
  • Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That book is great but I don't recommend buying it. All those labs are posted on Paul Browning's website. The only difference between his website and the book is that the book also gives you the answers.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your input and advice I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't recomend buying it. There are many scenarios freely available over the internet and for CCNA I don't think you need to buy any lab-book. It would be overkill.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it for sure.