Options

Data Center Monitoring Tools

QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
We currently have some Sensaphones in our offices for smoke, humidity, power, etc types of detections. Anyone using other climate monitoring products that you find decent for monitoring these types of things? Our Sensaphones are pretty limited in what they can do and I'm just curious what others may be using out there. We're a medium sized business and most of our office only have a few machines in them so I'm not looking for a multi-million dollar investment. Just something more robust than what we have.

Comments

• Options
    chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've done everyting related to monitoring with Nagios. My suggestion would be to check this out:

ESensors Websensor EM01B Nagios - ESensors Websensor EM01B

Overview

The Websensor EM01B connects directly to your Ethernet network via a 10/100 Mbps switch or hub port. It provides monitoring for temperature, illumination (light level) and relative humidity, and is ideal for monitoring environmental conditions in server rooms and wiring closets. It is capable of measuring DC voltages, which allows you to check battery supply voltages of UPS units or renewable energy sources. The new thermistor interface allows you to interface external special use sensors, such as liquid temperature measurement and the new contact closure detection allows you to detect door open conditions (for security purposes) or configure equipment start-up and shut-down conditions.

The Websensor by Esensors enables you to monitor temperature, humidity and illumination in one location. The Websensor comes in 3 versions:

EM01B-STD features contact closure monitoring. EM01B-VLT features DC voltage monitoring. EM01B-THM features Thermistor add-on monitoring.

Features

Attaches to a standard 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
    Sensor data is transmitted by internal web server
    Uses the Ethernet port to configure Websensor IP address New!
    Internal sensors for temperature, relative humidity, and illumination
    Measures voltage (0 to 18 VDC)New!
    Detects contact closure New!
    Thermistor interface for external/optional temperature sensing New!
    Optional ESBus for external sensors (power line monitoring, etc.)
    Programmable email alerts to notify user of MIN/MAX set-point violations in temperature, relative humidity and illumination

Detailed information on the EM01B can be found here.

Addons

An Esensors Esbus is now available on the EM01B to allow for support of other Websensor peripherals:

ES11 - Moisture Sensor (detects moisture on floor as precursor to potential flood conditions)
    ES01 - Display: 2 line, 16 characters per line display
    ES06 - Relay Switch Module: Optically isolated inputs/dry contact outputs

More information on addons for the EM01B can be found here.

Specs

Ranges:
    Temperature: -40C (-40F) to +123.8C (254.9F)
    Illumination: 0 to 1000 Lux
    Relative Humidity: 0 to 100% RH
    Accuracy:
    Temperature: +/- 0.2C @ 25C
    Illumination: Uncalibrated
    Relative Humidity: +/- 3%
    DC Voltage Measurement:
    0 to +18 VDC (Center pin of connector is (+)positive.)
    Thermistor Interface:
    Customer supplied specifications resistance at 25C required to determine correct components.

Software

Information on integrating the EM01B with various Open Source monitoring packages (i.e. Nagios and MRTG) can be found on Nagios Exchange.
  • Options
    chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chec their pricing and product list:

Websensors - Esensors, Inc.