Passed CEHv7 today!

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed with an 87! Finished in about 45 minutes. I definitely over prepared for this exam. Some of the questions just seemed too easy, as if it was a trick or something.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats MrAgent! I am still weighing the ROI on this exam as to whether I want to take it or not...did you do it for fun or other reasons?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What materials did you use to study?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks. I did it to help me get selected for a commission in the Navy Reserves this coming fall. Its super competitive to get in. The field I want to get selected for is Information Warfare, so it directly relates to it.
    @Danny069 I used the Matt Walker AIO book, and watched the CBT nuggets videos. I have a bit of experience in this field, so I think that helped me more than anything. Also, Im working on my masters degree with a security concentration, so a lot of what we discuss in class I saw on the exam.
  • shehan888shehan888 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great News and Congrats for your recent achievement!

What advice would you give regarding preparation, practice tests as well as training material?

Thanks in Advance!
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I also would like to know what materials did you use.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
    As mentioned earlier I used the CBT Nuggets and the AIO book by Matt Walker. I also have a bit of experience, and I am currently studying security in my graduate courses.
  • jonny_Vjonny_V Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Matt... you probably need to look into getting your CISSP soon.
    CEH is great for the CND aspect of the 8570, but for most of the slots they want you to be IAM/IAT III

(of course the replacement DoDD 8140 comes out this year... so who knows)
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • onel0veonel0ve Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats brother .