Options

*Deep Breath* 801 and 802 tomorrow!

thawkththawkth Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, it's finally come. I've been telling myself since 2006 or so to get the A+ but never got around to it.

Fast forward to my current job as Help Desk and the two other members of my department agree it's time to get certified.

About two months of study later (on and off), tomorrow is finally the day. I've been a hobby user since I can remember and worked full time repairing/troubleshooting for about three years now.

I've used the AIO A+ book and Professor Messer's videos. I also registered for CBT Nuggets but haven't been very impressed so far (it was somewhat impulsive of me on Monday!).

Coworker A took his test today and passed. Based on his (limited) description, I'm definitely ready. Anxious, but I'm sure that's normal.

Identified what I've scored lowest on pretests and am rewatching the messer videos now.

Might skim the AIO book a bit but think at this point I just need to hit the sack early and get to my test.

Any last minute advice?

Already in for a raise and promotion once I earn this, so I'm trying not to stress ;)

Comments

• Options
    TenorTenor Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll be fine, don't worry about it. Especially if you are in the field already.

My advice is if you stumble on a question, skip it and go back afterwards.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    thawkththawkth Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I was lurking for a while and used a lot of your advice leading up to the exam!

Passed it :)

801: 736
    802: 830

VERY happy about the 802 score there as I thought it would be hardest and honestly wasn't feeling great about it midway.

Took them back to back, took me about an hour or so total to complete both tests.

Special thanks to the Michael Meyers A+ book and Professor Messer and his fantastic, to the point videos.

I'm going to celebrate tonight, and move on to Network+ with my coworkers ASAP.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

Good luck with Network+ icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads on the Pass, get Network+ going. There is some bleed over from A+ that you can use to get done faster.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you have self doubt then the outcome will be what you don't want. Positive thoughts bring positive results! I am looking forward to passing this test myself.
    Good luck with the N+!
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thawkth wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I was lurking for a while and used a lot of your advice leading up to the exam!

Passed it :)

801: 736
    802: 830

Congrats on your pass!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats my brother...welcome to the club. CompTia claims that you're now a member of an elite community, but it really just shows you've got some skills. Cheers!
  • Options
    TenorTenor Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif ... & good luck on Network+ !
  • Options
    compfixingcompfixing Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How long did it take you to get ready for the exams?

What resources did you have?

I want to take it the A+ next month, but i don't know which version should i go for.. Any advice?
  • Options
    compfixing wrote: »
    I want to take it the A+ next month, but i don't know which version should i go for.. Any advice?

Welcome to the forums compfixing. The short answer is that you should take the version that you're studying for. If you're studying with 700 series materials, take the 701 and 702 exams. If you're studying with 800 series materials, take the 801 and 802 exams. If you haven't begun studying yet, you can take either.

The 700 series exams expire at the end of August so if you don't take both 701 and 702 by then, you need to take the 801 and 802 exams.

Have you begun studying yet?
  • Options
    compfixingcompfixing Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums compfixing. The short answer is that you should take the version that you're studying for. If you're studying with 700 series materials, take the 701 and 702 exams. If you're studying with 800 series materials, take the 801 and 802 exams. If you haven't begun studying yet, you can take either.

The 700 series exams expire at the end of August so if you don't take both 701 and 702 by then, you need to take the 801 and 802 exams.

Have you begun studying yet?

I studied the 700 series version half year ago but didn't finish it. This lately, i've been reading Mike Meyers books (AIO 800 version) a lot, but i don't know where to study the performance base questions, it seems likely the only problem i have now. Other than that, i think i can pass for sure.
  • Options
    shownuffshownuff Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the test. I plan on taking both A+ exams soon. This is off topic, but how do I start a new thread? I just registered today.
  • Options
    TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shownuff wrote: »
    Good luck with the test. I plan on taking both A+ exams soon. This is off topic, but how do I start a new thread? I just registered today.

On the top left corner where it says Forum: A+ > Post new thread +.
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • Options