Options

Confused big time

shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
Hey Guys,

First of, awesome Forum and awesome website full of support and guidance... I am really confused as the new exam is announced. I have been studying for CCENT for a month now. I have gone thru CBT Nuggets, Wendell Odom's CCNA ICND1 640-822 and have been practicing labs in packet tracer. I was all set to give my CCENT in the last week of April. The questions I have are:
  1. should I be taking the new exam, I mean ICND 100-101 and ICND 102 or should I just stick to the old exams (I saw the syllabus and heard that the new exam is really tough)
  2. Can I take ICND 1 old exam and ICND 2 new exams and still be CCNA R&S ?
  3. knowledge wise, I think ICND 100 - 101 is much better because it covers a lot of topics - please advice.
  4. Has anyone taken the new ICND 100-101 exam ? n how hard is it?
Thank you in advance.
Shezy.
2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
Current working on: VCAP5-DCA

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This should help you with any questions you may have in regards to the new versions/exam numbers of the CCNA exams and the new content they include:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/87429-new-ccna-exams-announced.html
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I tend to disagree, that thread is a lot of opinions and questions.

Welcome to TE shezey, I think it depends on your study habits. September is the retirement of the old exams, and I think that is plenty of wime to cert under the current exams. 60 days would let you do 1 month each for ICND 1 & 2, and you would still have time to retake an exam before the cutoff. I read one thread that indicated new ICND 1 + New ICND 2 = CCNA R&S, not sure how it will integrate with the new system. Are former CCSP's now CCNP Security's or are they still CCSP? I think that should give us an indication how it will work...

The new exams do bring extra knowledge, but from what I see, that knowledge is from higher level tracks, or you could learn them independantly, i.e take the current CCNA, study IPv6, advanced EIGRP, and multi-area OSPF and you'd be rolling. More important however is what employers are looking for, what is in the job announcement for CCNA level jobs?

I for one am doing CCNA before september for sure.
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    I totally agree with SephStorm on NEW CCNA Exams Announced!! thread. it confused me even more. SephStorm, What practical labs are you doing for CCENT?
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This link has a combination of exams you can take and what certification you will earn.

Associate-Level Certifications Exam Logic Tool - Cisco Systems

Just select the exams you pass or intend to pass on the left and it will give you what you've earned or will earn on the right.
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]