Options

show frame-relay lmi interpretation Lammle´s book page 776

3xpr1ment3xpr1ment Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

In Lammle´s book (7th edition) at page 776 shows the output of show frame-relay lmi command. Among others Num Status Enq. Sent 61 and Num Status msgs Rcvd 60.

Below this output says: Is the frame relay network working? No, because the router has sent 60 inquiries and has not received even one reply.

So is this a mistake of the book or I´m confused about the output?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you check the errata for the book? Most technical books have errors, but also an errata page listing them.
  • Options
    3xpr1ment3xpr1ment Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Error on page 776? [Archive] - Lammle Forum

It looks like others have reported this as an issue. Strange it didn't wind up on his errata list.

(I can't see the page, but from what you described, it sounds wrong.)
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    You're right, this is incorrect. If you're on the DTE end of an FR link, you will see the "Num Status msgs Rcvd" counter increasing, you will also see the "Last Full Status Rcvd" timer at a low number... more than a minute with the default timers on a cisco network is bad.
  • Options
    todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3xpr1ment wrote: »
    Hi all

In Lammle´s book (7th edition) at page 776 shows the output of show frame-relay lmi command. Among others Num Status Enq. Sent 61 and Num Status msgs Rcvd 60.

Below this output says: Is the frame relay network working? No, because the router has sent 60 inquiries and has not received even one reply.

So is this a mistake of the book or I´m confused about the output?

I read this post at first the same way I read it when I pasted the output from the router into my chapter! doh! The Rcvd was 0, but for some reason I didn't notice that the FR switch had sent 60 replies and and I wrote the text as such. I'll fix that in my book when I get to the WAN chapter. Thank you for letting me know, and I appologize for the error! If you ever need to contact me directly, please also post on www.lammle.com/forum, as I do check here, but not as often as my forum. I am here to help you!
    Thank you!
    Todd Lammle