Options

Finally Passed the CISSP (PBT)

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
On my 3rd attempt, I finally slayed the CISSP dragon, I will go into detail later, I feel like I have 8 lungs right now. As I was tremendously doubting myself, I would like to thank Kalkan for restoring my confidence with the peep talk the night before and Irishangel for doing the same for the course of the last few months. Also, some of you with your consistent encouragement to not give up because at times I was doubting my intelligence. Thank you everyone!!!!
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DrackarDrackar Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, Congrats.

The CISSP is a Beast!
    To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.
    -- Kokoro by Natsume Sosek, 1914, Japan
  • Options
    URG_PSH_FINURG_PSH_FIN Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    MS in Information Assurance - Regis University

2018 Goals - [ ] GSE Lab [ ] OSCP Enrollment
    Late 2018-Early 2019 Goals: [ ] RHCSA [ ] RHCE
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My buddy passed!!!!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TB! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Glad to see that hard work and determination pay off.

After just barely missing the exam twice and that 4 interview complete waste of time...its now officially your turn to celebrate!

So what's next? You still thinking about leaving FL?

Oh yeah, I meant to ask....how fast was your heart beating when you saw the e-mail from ISC2 before opening it?
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Way to stick with it! It is definitely a tough exam to make it through.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratufreakinglations. That's awesome!!!
  • Options
    bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Way to stay with it. Is that an example of due diligence or due care? Congrats.
  • Options
    URG_PSH_FINURG_PSH_FIN Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think he developed a STANDARD using his own procedures by exercising due diligence in continuing to examine the requirements for CISSP which led to the successful passing of the exam.
    MS in Information Assurance - Regis University

2018 Goals - [ ] GSE Lab [ ] OSCP Enrollment
    Late 2018-Early 2019 Goals: [ ] RHCSA [ ] RHCE
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Congrats- way to see it through!
  • Options
    I think he developed a STANDARD using his own procedures by exercising due diligence in continuing to examine the requirements for CISSP which led to the successful passing of the exam.

THAT WAS AWESOME! What a great play on words.
  • Options
    Man, I'm going to drive my package over to ISC2 tomorrow instead of mailing it LMAO.......
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Man, I'm going to drive my package over to ISC2 tomorrow instead of mailing it LMAO.......

lol congrats! you know you could also email it........
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Really???
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yep, just have your endorser email it, along with copies of your documentation. That is how I did it.
  • Options
    Send me what you have, TBRAYS. Your Endorser has spoken. :)
  • Options
    I don't think the endorser can email it in......I had my endorser email back to me signed then I submitted everything. An email was sent to my email address from (ISC)2 stating they had received my documentation.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Heh, I thought it was the other way - the endorser had to be the one to send it in. I still got the email from the (ISC)2 as well.

{edit} top of endorsement form kinda implies it is to be submitted by endorser. Maybe that is why you got picked for an audit?
  • Options
    O....meh I guess either way works then TBRAYS lol icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations...... You have made @Kalkan really happy...lol... Good stuff.
  • Options
    sgtgormansgtgorman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, and by the way I was endorsed for CISSP recently and my endorser submitted the documentation for me.
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations man! Glad to see you make it!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats indeed!