Options

Prometric or Vue

derek111cderek111c Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have taken the Cisco 640-801 through Prometric. Is their a difference if I take it thorugh VUE. Reason I have been considering VUE is because I can pay right there instead of having to prepay and schedule an appointment ovet the internet.
Is the test the same? should I stick with what I am used to?

Comments

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The test is the same either way. You may find some vouchers for Vue and others for Prometric. I have almost always tested with Vue except for an Oracle test. Some tests are one or the other. I only go with Vue because I know and like the Vue testing center. I would test at a place where you feel comfortable. If you are uncomfortable or more stressed, that may affect your test score.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    derek111cderek111c Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Evanderburg,
    I will give VUE a try,
    It seems like it will work out better for me. This enables me to take it after work and pay for it when I get there.
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    As a general preference, I like Prometric. Their site seems easier to navigate and sign-up/schedule exams. In my case they are also easier because they have a closer site than VUE. To each his own though. Good luck by the way :).
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Im a prometric guy, but thats mostly because I have taken almost all my tests at the same Prometric test site for the last 10 years, am on a first name basis with the folks there, and can call and schedule a test that same day if I want to. Plus Im always the only person there so I dont have to listen to a bunch of people cussing because they didnt study enough icon_lol.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    Hey guys, i am a little new with this CISCO thing, & am not really aware of this Prometric & VUE thing.

Can anyone tell me what this is all about ?
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    Those are the testing centers (organizations) that you will take your test at.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I have used both and found both no problesm.
    I prefer VUE cos my local testing centre is in the attic of a small house so its like being at home rather than in a massive centre with 3 millions camera's! makes you feel like your doing something wrong even if you arent! like that feeling when you see a police car in your rear mirror with the lights flashing, you assume youve done something wrong automatically! :P
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Oh, so you mean i should hava a prometric, and/or VUE franchisee in my area as well ?
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    hopefully icon_lol.gif

Some have to drive hours to take their tests. If you are in a good sized urban area you shouldnt have a problem. Most community/technical college have a Vue or Prometric testing site.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• Options
    Ok, so i understand that these are the 2 website's authorized by cisco to carry out there tests by any institution that is authorized to do it ?
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    Kinda, more like Vue and Prometric are the two testing sites that are authorized to proctor the exams. Same with MS and COmptia. While there may be a site at your local community college, it will be run by prometric ot vue, not the school.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    I always do Prometric, because in our little town that is all we have. It is at our community college. The closest Vue site is about a 2 hour drive.
    Our college said they may get rid of the testing center tho because they are not making any money. The lady that set up and runs the testing center said they have to do 4-5 tests a month to make any money, and we are in a town of about 20,000 people so it is not that busy.
    But I like it because there is no one ever there, and it is pretty laid back. It would suck if they close it tho, because then I would have to drive 2 hours to take a test.
  • Options
    Well, apart from CCNA, what are the other exams these Prometric, & VUE sites let you appear for ??

I mean was just looking at so many certifications besides you people's names so thought where the hell you get so many certifications from icon_lol.gif
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    vue and prometric are in the business to proctor any type of exam not just information technology. The last time I was at my local testing center the person next to me was taking something to do with accounting. There are hundreds of tests in different areas if you go to their web sites. My friend took one at an airport that was there mostly for pilot testing of some kind.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO