Options

Old Ccent exam vs New/old Cbt nuggets

lusklusk Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello there TE :)

I am studying for the Ccent exam (the old one), I have the Lammle 7th edition book but would like to have some video traning aswell. Tried the Free INE ones, but don't really like it. CBT just released a new version of their CCent training, but that is for the new exam. Should i get the old version or can i use the new version for the old exam.

Same question applies for the books, should i stick with "older" versions if i take the old exam?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Welcome to TE!

If you want to take the old exam, study with the old books because there are some significant changes between the new ICND1 and ICND2 and the old ones.As for video training check on youtube, there are a lot of great videos for free. However, bear in mind that although Cisco allows you to mix new exams and old exams, you will probably experience a knowledge gap if you take the old ICND1 and the new ICND2. You will still be CCNA R&S certified but if you want to know your stuff it will be a good idea to check out the new materials for the ICND1 after you pass the old one.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer.
    The plan is to take ICND1 now, and ICND2 later, might be after September. (Work wants me to take SCCM2012 after i finish ICND1)
    I had a feeling that there might be some mismatch if i don't use the "correct" version of the study material. I will stick to the "old" version of the material for now, but i will ofc look at the new version before taking ICND2.
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lusk wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer.
    The plan is to take ICND1 now, and ICND2 later, might be after September. (Work wants me to take SCCM2012 after i finish ICND1)
    I had a feeling that there might be some mismatch if i don't use the "correct" version of the study material. I will stick to the "old" version of the material for now, but i will ofc look at the new version before taking ICND2.

Theoretically possible but not recommended at all, as there will be a big gap of knowledge between old ICND1 & new ICND2.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lusk wrote: »
    Hello there TE :)

I am studying for the Ccent exam (the old one), I have the Lammle 7th edition book but would like to have some video traning aswell. Tried the Free INE ones, but don't really like it. CBT just released a new version of their CCent training, but that is for the new exam. Should i get the old version or can i use the new version for the old exam.

Same question applies for the books, should i stick with "older" versions if i take the old exam?

Thanks in advance.

I have a full series of videos that go with my book at www.lammle.com. It also has labs and practice exam questions.
    Todd Lammle
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer :) Will look into your videos.