Options

CISSP Exam related question

cissptstcissptst Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, It has been few days that I started preparing for CISSP. well, I'm not working now, so I'm dedicated full time nothing but study. I'm using AIO 6th edition, I study one domain and then go through cccure.org practice tests. is this enough for preparation? Not breaking any exam rules, Just wanna know, in exam, Are the questions are separated in domains, like it is how in cccure.org practice tests, like start practicing Access control domain. is it the same in exam solving the questions for one domain (Access control) and then move on to the next domain? Appreciated your kind support in advance.

Comments

• Options
    sgtgormansgtgorman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Memorization of the materials does not help you to pass the exam. You have to develop the concept in order to answer the question. Mostly scenario base, not direct knowledge base. For example, even though you memorize everything about PKI, but when it comes to PKI question...you might get wrong answer.
  • Options
    38 views but no reply? come on experts.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    It sounds like you are only looking to pass the CISSP exam and not actually to learn the material the certification covers. How long have you worked professionally in Information Security?
  • Options
    thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cissptst wrote: »
    Hello all, It has been few days that I started preparing for CISSP. well, I'm not working now, so I'm dedicated full time nothing but study. I'm using AIO 6th edition, I study one domain and then go through cccure.org practice tests. is this enough for preparation? Not breaking any exam rules, Just wanna know, in exam, Are the questions are separated in domains, like it is how in cccure.org practice tests, like start practicing Access control domain. is it the same in exam solving the questions for one domain (Access control) and then move on to the next domain? Appreciated your kind support in advance.

Questions are mixed and ISC2 provides no indication that a question is from any particular domain. If you have a lot of questions, I'd take a look at https://www.cccure.org/flash/intro/player.html . Your specific question is addressed on slide # 12.
  • Options
    Thank you all very much. Well, I'm after both of them, learning the material that exam covers also want to pass the CISSP exam. I have over 10 years of experience and holding 3xCCIE. Best Regards, After CISSP :)
  • Options
    ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Read Shon Harris and attempt all questions in that book.
    I also suggest boot camp. I my self attended one by Simplilearn.
  • Options
    Thanks. I really don't have the opportunity to attend bootcamp.