Options

LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification AIO book good for learning LINUX?

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
I'm wanting to learn LINUX as I know a lot environments are mixed. Even in my current position, I am setting UNIX properties on user accounts and adding users to UNIX groups, however even though it's outside of my job scope, I often get questions from the users with regards to accessing LINUX servers and other questions and I realized just how little knowledge I have of *NIX. So even though I don't need to, I want to learn more about it. Also working in security, I don't want to be disqualified from positions that would involve a mixed Win/LINUX environment just because I have no knowledge.

I saw DoubleNNs thread about a similar situation but the suggestions given were videos. I'm looking for a book, specifically a Kindle book I can read on the iPad. Would the LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification AIO book be good for learning about LINUX overall? I glanced through the table of contents and it seems like it covers all the bases but I wanted to get input.

Amazon.com: LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Exams LPIC-1/LX0-101 & LX0-102) (9780071771573): Robb Tracy: Books
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework