Studying 70-290

cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
Hi everybody,

I am studying 70-290 right now and planning to make the exam before 12 september.

My study resources are :
Sybex 70-290
CBT Nuggets 70-290
Measure Up
Transcender

Well i am studying and found out that sybex doesn't cover everything in depth. THings like Authoritive & non authoritve restore. Utillities as dsget, dsadd etc etc

I think they were lazy when they were writing this book icon_wink.gif Really. But i got to stick with this book. Well i got to say this exam is gonna give me nightmares, because it got alot of toolz and other thing. The only objective that i score good on practice exam is Physical and logical devices (80%) The others are 50-55% except for managing users computer and group for that objective i managed to get a 32%. Well i need to study so much. But thats okay.

So everybody if you got any advise plz give me some , because i will be needing it. A little advice on what can i expect on this exam. i know all the objectives are cover, but microsoft loves to fail people because they know is very difficult to understand and therefore microsoft will give you alot of questions.

Well thanx for reading, and any advice is welcome!!!

CLIFF

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Study for this one needs a lot of hands-on practice. But, I'm sure you have that set up.

It's a typical M$ exam--very wordy. It's typically 44 questions with about 3 hours to complete it.

My advice is, reschedule if you get down to a couple of days before Sept 12 and are not doing much better on the practice tests.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    The exam questions are hard to read, they start off for the most part giving you a situation. Then they tell you the desired result. You have to choose the action or actions to acheive the desired result(s). The wording is what screws you up. They will put a word in the question that "sort of" gives the answer away, but in the answers, they will put one correct answer, at least one "redirector" (to make you think it's the correct answer) and then at least one wrong answer. A lot of it is reading comprehension.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003