Options

Cert Question

tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
My CCNA expires on Monday the 8th, I wrote today and missed by a 100 points (I did better than expected) on the switch exam. If I re-write my switch exam on Monday and pass, will I retain my CCNA or will I lose it? anyone know?
ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010

Comments

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828

AFAIK, you have to wait 5 days between attempts.

Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.

Certification Exam Policies - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    should have googled..

Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.

Certification Exam Policies - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
    ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010
  • Options
    The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 5 day restriction applies to the failed Switch exam. You still have a shot at ICND2 before your CCNA expires. This way you remain certified and can continue your Switch studies. If you let your CCNA expire, you have to retake it again anyway.
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to disturb this thread but I have a very similar question.

My CCNA will expire on April 16th but I passed SWITCH last week (April 2nd). The Cisco Certification Site lists my pass but the CCNA still has the old expiry date. Does anybody know if I just have to wait or if something might be wrong here?
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    lordy wrote: »
    Sorry to disturb this thread but I have a very similar question.

My CCNA will expire on April 16th but I passed SWITCH last week (April 2nd). The Cisco Certification Site lists my pass but the CCNA still has the old expiry date. Does anybody know if I just have to wait or if something might be wrong here?

I am quite sure your CCNA has been renewed from passing the Switch exam. Someone else can certainly chime in but I am quite sure I am correct in my assumption.

To the OP, any reason why you waited so long to move on to CCNP? Your situation could very well have you sitting the composite exam again before attempting CCNP material again.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep. Now he must take and pass the ICND2 before his certifications expire. Note, if he awaits expiration and then takes the composite, it will be a bit more expensive and he'll lose his CCENT, in case those are factors for him.

A bit of routing review is not altogether bad, especially as it's been three years now since he certified. There are often silver linings within annoyances like these. Good luck to the OP. May his recertification go smoothly!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I am quite sure your CCNA has been renewed from passing the Switch exam. Someone else can certainly chime in but I am quite sure I am correct in my assumption.

To the OP, any reason why you waited so long to move on to CCNP? Your situation could very well have you sitting the composite exam again before attempting CCNP material again.

Yep, I'm quite sure you're correct.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Visit Cisco cert tracker and select history from the left side. find the date you passed SWITCH and you should see what all you were recertified in.
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What happened? Any update??
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    Cisco's Cert Support is quite slow but I got a reply just a few minutes ago.

It seems that the Certification Agreement has been updated in the meantime, from Version 16 in 2010 to Version 18 now. I had to log into the Certification Site and click accept for the new version of the agreement. This did not work in Safari m(

I have informed Cisco Cert Support that I have done so as the CCNA has not been extended by agreeing to the updated terms.
  • Options
    Ok, it only took them four days to figure this out and set my CCNA to re-certified.

I begin to see why some people call this company CiscOMFG.
  • Options
    Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Good thing you didn't have to sit for the exams again